Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

cm7

This is a discussion on cm7 within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; im mad cuz i cant get the market app to come on my phone when i flash cm7 it pisses me of cuz i really ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: cm7

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

cm7

im mad cuz i cant get the market app to come on my phone when i flash cm7 it pisses me of cuz i really like the rom!!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Have you flashed the gapps.zip for CM7 ROMs, it should be in the same thread you downloaded CM7 from and includes things like google accounts w/calendar,contacts,gmail,market,etc.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    In addition to flashing CM7, you must also flash the GApps package to get the market and other apps.

Welcome to the community!

EDIT: I was ninja'd. thekooliest is like lightning.
    UltraDroid and drpeppe52 like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Welcome to Atrix Forums Kallamd! We are delighted that you chose to join our forum, and I hope you find everything that you need. You'll want to follow Dorian's instructions regarding the GApps package. It is, practically speaking, the only way to get the Market and Gmail on your phone.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    In addition to flashing CM7, you must also flash the GApps package to get the market and other apps.

Welcome to the community!

EDIT: I was ninja'd. thekooliest is like lightning.
    Ka-POW!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Thekooliest was kung-fu fighting
    That cat was fast as lightning
    In fact, it was a little bit frightning
    But he fought with expert timing

(with apologies to Carl Douglas)
    UltraDroid, DoTheDew and WERA689 like this.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kellamd19 View Post
    im mad cuz i cant get the market app to come on my phone when i flash cm7 it pisses me of cuz i really like the rom!!
    Gee, You could at least come back and Apologize for expressing your lack of Ignorance and Stupidity to those who helped you out !

Am sure those that had come to your AID, wished they hadn't but I do understand that that would mean this forum wouldn't be Friendly and Helpful to those in need of REAL HELP !

It's real sad that you MUST have taken the time to install CM7 on your device risking everything and yet you FAIL to fully read the written instructions , Very Sad Indeed !

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I do realize that I might get Flamed or Banned for my above comment since I am a new member but I just wanted to point out that everyone should be Responsible for whatever they might do and not place BLAME on others !

It may be Human Nature to be nice and all to everyone but there comes a time when being NICE is no longer appropriate when dealing with Stupidity !

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    ^Well, stupidity might have nothing to do with it though.

Some people are new to flashing, and I'll admit... the CM7 project for the Atrix isn't very well documented, and it's still actually in "beta". A LOT of people just don't know about having to flash the GApps package afterward. I get asked that question quite a bit, about why there's no market app and where is GMail.

We can choose to be nice and helpful, or not. We here usually choose the former, because some people just don't know about a lot of the intricacies of ROM flashing. If we're not helpful or nice, then we run the risk of people not wanting to actually ask the questions they want answered and then they end up with problems or a bricked device and I really wouldn't wish that on anyone. Bricks are expensive and useless.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix56317 View Post
    I do realize that I might get Flamed or Banned for my above comment since I am a new member but I just wanted to point out that everyone should be Responsible for whatever they might do and not place BLAME on others !

It may be Human Nature to be nice and all to everyone but there comes a time when being NICE is no longer appropriate when dealing with Stupidity !
    Wow, did I wander into the wrong forum by mistake? I thought this was Atrix Forums, not XDA Developers. Guess I need another cup of coffee, I'm obviously not watching where I'm going...
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads