Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - The best and worst of ROMS.

This is a discussion on The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - The best and worst of ROMS. within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Originally Posted by carl_h Consolidating it may be of use to those considering custom roms. The only thing that I'd consider is to try to ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - The best and worst of ROMS.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    Consolidating it may be of use to those considering custom roms. The only thing that I'd consider is to try to keep it as objective as possible rather than anyone's personal quirks or preferences.

(I don't use webtop or FP scanner either, which is why I'm not bothered that CM7 doesn't support it (yet, if ever)).
    Removed personal preferences. Thanks Carl.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Other pros to CM7 that bear comment: You can disable lock screen completely. Built in screen capture. Utilizes removable SDCard as the primary storage for the apps.

Cons: confusing, at first, regarding the use of sdcard and internal sdcard.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    Other pros to CM7 that bear comment: You can disable lock screen completely. Built in screen capture. Utilizes removable SDCard as the primary storage for the apps.

Cons: confusing, at first, regarding the use of sdcard and internal sdcard.
    Added to op.

... sent via my orange fr atrix

^ nexus 5 .

fin.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Very nice Thread Na! Great write-up here. Useful information, I'm sure this will be a great asset to those just starting with customizing their Devices

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Very nice Thread Na! Great write-up here. Useful information, I'm sure this will be a great asset to those just starting with customizing their Devices
    Thanks. Im hoping this will help others with their rom decisions.

... sent via my orange fr atrix

^ nexus 5 .

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    I really like the power button boot menu which features the aforementioned built-in screen capture, change of profile, and reboot options. As far as I know thats exclusive to CM7?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    And the control widget built into notification bar, afaik that's cm7 exclusive too.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So far, I have tried RedPill, CM7 with atrix fingerprint support (experimental) and Aura.

RedPill I didn't bother with because I became frustrated with it's Motoblur issues & didn't have the patience to try to work around it.
    CM7 I like, but swype isn't installed, even in the Atrix exclusive, the theme switcher that installed doesn't actually switch the themes. Just minor complaints, really. One thing I really didn't like was that the battery status never shows full. Awesome ringtones & notifications! Titanium backup has issues, I wasn't able to restore my apps. I'm just going to wait for CM9 as I don't have the time to trouble shoot all of these minor issues.
    Aura, though boring, is stable & works 'out of the box'. As a new modder & ROMer, I think this should be a great start for anyone new. You can easily restore your saved apps in titanium backup with their data & all of the apps are working so far. It boots fast and works with faux's overclocked kernels well, a great way to test your phone's performance with profiles in SetCPU!

That's all I've tried so far & I'm still playing with the CM7 fingerprint occasionally. If I discover any workarounds, I'll post here, but I doubt any discovery I make will be before some of the more advanced users

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Spent most my time on Aura 1.2.2.2 which I found to be excellent. Very stable, quick, etc. Account edition had things like Swype that I found useful... Debloat left me a bit lost with how to get back what I wanted (swype, fingerprint reader, facebook contacts integration), so when I return it will likely be to account edition with the minimal Blur stuff.

I'm now trying Darkside 4.2 Lite, which is working well so far, but I've yet to get it fully set up. I'm downloading the blur version now to see if it works well with the blur 'crap' I like... at least until I sort out how to only install what I like onto the lite edition :-)

I really just wanted to post and say THANK YOU for making this post where I very much hope we can have a current one stop place for the latest Atrix ROM options. You rock!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    If you want all of the Blur stuff, download Darkside 4.2 full and use Titanium Backup to freeze unwanted programs. Just be careful as some of those are required for other apps to work properly unless you replace them with similar apps (i.e. different keyboard, browser, etc)
    AtrixBomb likes this.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads