Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bell back to stock and back again.

This is a discussion on Bell back to stock and back again. within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; After about a month learning about flashing, modding and other cool stuff i finally flashed my rom but about a week later my digitizer broke! ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bell back to stock and back again.

  1. #1
    Member
    Member #
    7190
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    3 times

    Unhappy Bell back to stock and back again.

    After about a month learning about flashing, modding and other cool stuff i finally flashed my rom but about a week later my digitizer broke! So now i need to restore it to stock so i can use the warranty. I will write the steps as i worked them out and if someone would either confirm that they are correct or point out where I am wrong it would be a massive help. (Plus this can be used as a guide for any noobs in my situation.)

    Im now running an android version 2.3.7 cm7 and redpill hybrid (AWESOME!!)

    Flash back to stock I would use NFhimselfs gobstopper (Should i use 2.2.2 or 2.3.4 or do they both get rid of the "unlocked"?) flashed using cwm (I use ROMRACERs for everything should i use that or do I need to use temfars?)

    To get it back to unlocked and rooted i would need to only flash thorough rsdlight the IHOP and I wouldn't need to fastboot unlock. (Right?) and then to root i would just need to download superuser from the market...

    Sounds right?
    Thanks for your help.
    This has been a long journey and i just want to make sure i don't crash in the final lap...




  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1002
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio - The North Coast!
    Posts
    18,231
    Liked
    2018 times
    What you did, listed above, did not re-lock the bootloader - there is no re-locking it. Once you unlock your bootloader, a fuse is tripped and burns and anyplace you take it for warranty repairs will know in a couple of minutes that your bootloader was unlocked, voiding the warranty. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unlocking your bootloader is forever.


    -Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom






  3. #3
    Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    11,157
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    You are correct in all of your assumptions.

    His wording is a little tricky for the 2.3.4 Gobstopper, but it too *should* hide the Unlocked message. One note though, if you want to look fully stock, you might want to flash the 2.2.2 and then update OTA, or flash the 2.3.4 and then delete the root files as both installs come pre-rooted. I've heard that Bell doesn't care, though.

    You should be able to use romracer's, but apparently he's tested it using Tenfar's, and has updated his posts around that statement and hasn't changed the recommended recovery, so it might be a good idea to use it to be safe.

    I wish you luck!

    Edit: Oops, sorry Mike. Took too long.

    Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

    AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

  4. #4
    Member
    Member #
    7190
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    What you did, listed above, did not re-lock the bootloader - there is no re-locking it. Once you unlock your bootloader, a fuse is tripped and burns and anyplace you take it for warranty repairs will know in a couple of minutes that your bootloader was unlocked, voiding the warranty. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unlocking your bootloader is forever.


    -Mike
    I didnt do anything yet (Im too chicken to do anything before i know exactly what will happen and how to fix it)

  5. #5
    Member
    Member #
    7190
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    You are correct in all of your assumptions.

    His wording is a little tricky for the 2.3.4 Gobstopper, but it too *should* hide the Unlocked message. One note though, if you want to look fully stock, you might want to flash the 2.2.2 and then update OTA, or flash the 2.3.4 and then delete the root files as both installs come pre-rooted. I've heard that Bell doesn't care, though.

    You should be able to use romracer's, but apparently he's tested it using Tenfar's, and has updated his posts around that statement and hasn't changed the recommended recovery, so it might be a good idea to use it to be safe.

    I wish you luck!

    Edit: Oops, sorry Mike. Took too long.

    Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk
    Thanks
    and once i get my phone back is this the way that i can continue having my "flashing fixes"?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Member #
    8057
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    1 times
    When I rsd back to stock, unlocked bootloader writing disappeared, maybe you can exchange it somehow... I thought it was re-locked.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1002
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio - The North Coast!
    Posts
    18,231
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kcma View Post
    When I rsd back to stock, unlocked bootloader writing disappeared, maybe you can exchange it somehow... I thought it was re-locked.
    No, that was my original point - there is *no* re-locking the bootloader. Having an unlocked bootloader voids your warranty - period - but other than that, it causes the user no problems. Unless you have a physical problem which would normally be taken care of under warranty. The service techs can find out in minutes that the bootloader was unlocked, due to the burnt fuse I spoke of. The fact that the word "unlocked" disappears means nothing, it's cosmetic and I put it back on mine, because I like seeing it there when I reboot the phone.


    -Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom






  8. #8
    Member
    Member #
    7190
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    3 times
    Well my problem is my digitizer so i dont think that they would notice... I dont mind oaying but i figured its worth a shot as long as i can continue to flash after i get it fixed.
    Last edited by Mypcool; 11-07-2011 at 10:09 PM.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    11,157
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mypcool View Post
    Thanks
    and once i get my phone back is this the way that i can continue having my "flashing fixes"?
    Yep, as long as it's your phone that comes back.

    Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

    AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

  10. #10
    Member
    Member #
    7190
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    3 times
    ya but i can unlock it again, right?
    Even if its 2.3.4 (sorry i havent doen my resarch on unlocking this build)?

    Edit: i see it comes unlocked
    Last edited by Mypcool; 11-07-2011 at 10:34 PM.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. flash back to stock
    By rajattur in forum Motorola Atrix Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 10:00 AM
  2. Update failed on Bell, how do I get back to stock safely?
    By Heatseeker in forum Motorola Atrix Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 10:12 AM
  3. Flashing back to Stock 2.2.2 Bell Atrix Froyo
    By kishanpatel in forum Motorola Atrix Help
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 02:12 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 09:25 PM
  5. How do I go from GingerBlur back to stock 1.83?
    By RampageRR in forum Motorola Atrix Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 08:55 PM

Search tags for this page

atrix back to stock bootloader
,
bell atrix rom
,
bell atrix softbrick
,

bell atrix stock rom

,
bell galaxy s2 stock bootloader
,
drag racing app cheats
,
flashing back bell motorola atrix stock rom
,
galaxy s2 bell bootloader
,

galaxy s2 bell stock bootloader

,
galaxy s2 stock rom bell
,
motorola atrix 4g 2.3.7 back to stock rom
,
return bell atrix to stock
,
soft brick failed to boot 2 atrix
,
v4.1.83 atrix froyo bell
Click on a term to search for related topics.