Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

HELP please!!! unlock previously unlocked bootloader!

This is a discussion on HELP please!!! unlock previously unlocked bootloader! within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Ok I have done a TON of research but I cant get a straight answer maybe someone can help. I had an Bell Atrix 2.2.2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: HELP please!!! unlock previously unlocked bootloader!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Unhappy HELP please!!! unlock previously unlocked bootloader!

Ok I have done a TON of research but I cant get a straight answer maybe someone can help.

I had an Bell Atrix 2.2.2 stock which I rooted and unlocked using the IHOP from
    [PUDDING] International House of Pudding! BL Unlock/root thread (Updated 07/23/2011) - xda-developers

i flashed a few roms the last one being redpill hybrid which is running 2.3.7

My digitizer broke so i flashed back to 2.2.2 using gobbstopper from
    [MOD][CWM][Bell][Gobstopper] Stock 2.2.2 for Bell Updated 10/01/2011 - xda-developers

and when i got my phone back from bell they did me the "favor" of upgrading me to 2.3.4

so here (I think) it says I cant unlock at all
    [PUDDING] International House of Pudding! BL Unlock/root thread (Updated 07/23/2011) - xda-developers

Here it says ican unlock by flashing the unlocked bootloader ...
    [HOWTO]UNLOCK BOOTLOADER 2.3.4 Atrix 4G Bell/int'l and ATT - xda-developers

here it says i only need to flash the unlock oem....
    How To: Unlock the Atrix 4G Bootloader - BriefMobile

see my problem can someone please tell me clearly what to do, Im so confused!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hang in there a bit, until one of our Rescue Squad guys can get free. You seem to have a problem there, but I'm no technician and can't offer anything other than my sympathy, so the best you can do is be patient for awhile.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Nevermind the Briefmobile tutorial, this is outdated and it worked for what was leaked back in June (the official Gingerbread update .zip, that came with unlocked bootloader). The official official OTA update does not have an unlocked bootloader so the pudding still needs to be flashed before the OEM unlock commands. The same International/Bell pudding will be used for Gingerbread. But beware of the softbrick that comes after flashing this pudding on Gingerbread. I talk about it in my tutorial:
    [TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs
    Mypcool likes this.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Update, if it is the same phone. Just flashing the pudding will reunlock the bootloader. Because the fastboot commands are already done, and cannot be undone. But I would be prepared to reunlock the phone in case it is a replacement.
    Mypcool likes this.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    just to be clear, even though i flashed the gobstopper then got the ota of 2.3.4, i can still flash the unlocked bootloader?

Sorry im just overwhelmed with info...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    In my tutorial after flashing pudding file:
    NOTICE:
    If you are doing this on Gingerbread, at this point your phone will boot to a black screen that says 'Failed to boot: error 0x000' (not word for word). There will also be a list of boot options like Fastboot, RSD, Recovery, etc. And I believe it says something about Starting Fastboot Protocol (sorry I don't have complete information about this error as I unlocked on 1.83 Froyo). This happens with anyone, continue with the instructions as if you booted into Fastboot with the 'fastboot oem unlock' commands in the command prompt. Once your unlocked, your phone will boot without problems. Make sure you read all of the steps so you are prepared for this to happen.

If this is not a completely new phone, then the bootloader is still techincally unlocked and therefore once the pudding is flashed the above error wont happen. In case this is a new phone, you should be aware because this is a new error for you and it catches people off guard.
    UltraDroid, Mypcool and ManDroid like this.
    - Sam

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks I really appreciate all the help! On a different forum (I wont mention which 1) I can never get anyone to help me ;-)
    thekooliest likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    We are *committed* to making Atrix Forums a friendly and helpful place that is also fun to hang out on. All of the staff considers this to be our Prime Objective. We want your experience here to be enjoyable.

-Mike
    ManDroid likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    And some of us probably should be committed .... oh wait, that's another issue altogether..

This is a much better forum than all of the others But I may be a bit biased
    UltraDroid and ManDroid like this.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Did it all work out or you haven't tried it yet?
    - Sam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads