Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

want a new rom..

This is a discussion on want a new rom.. within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; hello i am with my ATRIX for about two month now and i think i'd like to change a ROM.. my ATRIX runs lags-free only ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: want a new rom..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

want a new rom..

hello
    i am with my ATRIX for about two month now and i think i'd like to change a ROM..
    my ATRIX runs lags-free only when the launcher (ADW PRO) has not changed anything, or changed 1 minor thing...
    if too much is changed-it will constantly crash and reboot is gonna be required.

i want a ROM that runs lag-free, looks well and that i can change its themes..
    also, supports the finger print scanner..

just suggest what you think is best for me, and if there is a tutorial on how to change my current stock ROM to that (newly suggested) ROM it would be nice since i have never changed my ROM.. im running 2.3 by the way.
    thanks!

EDIT: oh and what does "deodoxed" means?
    Last edited by itai970; 11-24-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    I'm assuming you have rooted your phone and unlocked the bootloader, which by the way will void the warranty on the device. If the answer is no, the thee is a world of reading you need to do and understand before you even do it. The wrong step can land you a pretty nice paperweight
    for a phone.
    If you do know about this things then you may want to have a look at Redpill, Darside,Alien, and Cianogen, all very stable ROMs.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i cant just recover and the phone is gonna be like-new?
    i did not unlock it (dont know what it even means or does) and no its not rooted..
    haaalp? (LOL)

and again, what is deodexed or something like that..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    I forgot to add that once you unlock the bootloader the process is irreversible. If you claim any warranty issues Motorola will deny it and can charge you full price for a new device,as soon as they find out you did it, and it only takes them two to three minutes because of a fuse the phone burns when you unlock it.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    a fuse BURNS?
    aint that a little dangerous to the phone?
    and what does physical hardware has to do with virtual firmware...

im also intrested in what the "unlock" is for, i dont just do things
    I like to understand them!
    (one of the reasons i didnt take iphone 4..)

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Yes a fuse burn. The reason behind it is to determine who is been messing around with the native OS of the device. Some people not experienced enough end up bricking the device rendering it useless and then go to the manufacturer for a warranty claim expecting a new device in exchange. The warranty is for one year but the device has to be untouched with the original OS/Update version on it, not for custom ROMs that the community developed.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i have 3 years warranty.. (not official motorola warranty)
    i think i will reconsider that..

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by itai970 View Post
    a fuse BURNS?
    aint that a little dangerous to the phone?
    and what does physical hardware has to do with virtual firmware...

im also intrested in what the "unlock" is for, i dont just do things
    I like to understand them!
    (one of the reasons i didnt take iphone 4..)
    Your phone has to be unlocked in order to install a new rom. Needless to say you either will stay with the native OS or void your warranty and go with a custom rom. Therefore my personal recommendation would be if you have any hesitation about voiding your warranty and possibly breaking your phone ...I would forget about installing a rom and stick with what you have and play around with different launchers.

Tapped out while on the RedPill.
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by itai970 View Post
    i have 3 years warranty.. (not official motorola warranty)
    i think i will reconsider that..
    A very good idea. Going down the road of modding involves unlocking your bootloader - which instantly voids your warranty - and rooting your phone, as prerequisites to installing a custom rom, where all of the cool features are to be found. Before you go that route, you need to read all of the available information on the pros & cons of rooting your phone, followed by the step by step process to actually unlock the bootloader and root the phone. It's a tricky proposition and can result in your phone being a total brick.... but it is definitely a "doable thing, or I wouldn't be sitting here typing this. The key to a successful unlock of the bootloader and rooting of the phone is following the instructions to the letter. First decide if you really want to go through all the hassle, next read and understand what you have to do to successfully do it, then when you're ready - go for it.

Having a rooted phone is fun, you have a lot of options that people running stock don't have, but it is irreversible. You can not re-lock the bootloader and your warranty is now void. So think in terms of "If I do this, I'm on my own from that point forward"; if something goes wrong, even if it had nothing to do with the rooting, it's *MY* problem." Of course if something *does* go wrong, bring the problem here to the forum and let our Rescue Squad guys give you a hand with fixing it. They're excellent at saving phones, and actual hard bricking an Atrix is rare, so don't freak out if something appears to go wrong.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads