Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Panic! pls help?

This is a discussion on Panic! pls help? within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Hi So i tried flashing via cwm a rom and while trying to wipe the dalvik cache i think i pressed a wrong menu item. ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Panic! pls help?

Hi
    So i tried flashing via cwm a rom and while trying to wipe the dalvik cache i think i pressed a wrong menu item. i said something like "back menu disabled", only had the option to format a partition, i did that, and gave me otions to choose from 0m to 4G... i chose 0m. i dont know what partition got formated to that...
    anyway, after that, i only got the option to "reboot to recovery". did that, and it gave me a new menu, which now appears always at the power on, with all the options that normally appear when press vol-down... bunt its not on just onle line, its a long list, where all appear. i can select them all, if i tell it to boot, it boots the rom just fine, BUT the screen is misaligned! the press appears higher than normal. for example, i cant press the last row of icons, the back/menu/etc...
    any ideeas please?
    is there any way to reformat those back? or to flash a fresh partitioning system, even the stock one?
    thank you very much

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I don't know how to fix that, or else I'd totally give you some advice. Hopefully one of the more experienced users will be on to help you soon.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ok, recovered from screen calibration, didnt get rid of the boot menu tho
    for future reference, pds needed fixing
    PDS PARTITION FIX (Screen+Cpu's frenquency restored) [SOLVED] - xda-developers

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Ya you shouldn't mess with the PDS partitions, and you should make backups with them..dangerous stuff.
    What is the boot menu issue you still have?
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    when the phone starts, instead of the "dual core" logo i get a white text menu with 14 options, the ones i get if i want to get into fastboot/recovery. but they are all written there, not just on a single line
    thanks

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    That's weird, I haven't messed with the PDS partitions so I'm not really sure what to say here...maybe a fresh ROM/kernel would help you.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    no, that appears before the loading of the OS

Member #
    Twitter
    @Wilmer_R
    Liked
    14 times
    I've had the same trouble, and after restoring my PDS, I got too those white letters, but thats not a trouble.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    try searching for boot logo or something like that. it flashes with fastboot. it solved my problem

Remove Ads

Ads