Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Unable to install CM7, any ideas?

This is a discussion on Unable to install CM7, any ideas? within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Just recently I unlocked my Atrix and attempted to install CM7, but it didn't work. After it said it was installed I rebooted the phone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Twitter
    MikeySmikey
    Liked
    5 times

Unable to install CM7, any ideas?

Just recently I unlocked my Atrix and attempted to install CM7, but it didn't work. After it said it was installed I rebooted the phone and it seemed to be frozen on the dual core screen. As of right now the only rom I can install is Alien 4. Any suggestions? I used the automatic bootloader unlock I found on an XDA thread, as well as the recovery-en-goapk recovery image I found there as well.Any help would be appreciated.-Mikey

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Try doing a search for ATRIX rom racer cwm and replacing your recovery with that one.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Twitter
    MikeySmikey
    Liked
    5 times
    I'll try that tonight. So far I've been pretty impressed by Alien 4, but I'd like to have the ability to switch between ROM's. Just out of curiousity, how long does the initial boot of CM7 take?
    ~Mikey~ ROOTED & UNLOCKED RedPill/CM7 Hybrid

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Sometimes after hacking, I believe that the boot logo stays on indefinitely. I sometimes resort to a battery pull, which can send you into a boot loop (in which case you'll have to boot into recovery and flash a different ROM or clear data from fastboot).
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Twitter
    MikeySmikey
    Liked
    5 times
    By indefinitely do you mean longer than five minutes? That's about how long I'll wait before I stop staring at the Motorola dual core logo, pull the battery, and flash back to Alien.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmikey View Post
    I'll try that tonight. So far I've been pretty impressed by Alien 4, but I'd like to have the ability to switch between ROM's. Just out of curiousity, how long does the initial boot of CM7 take?
    I've read a lot of good things about the Alien ROM, but its single biggest drawback is that it's no longer being updated, therefore any problems or issues that may arise won't ever be corrected. If you're more comfortable with a ROM that's still being actively developed, I'd look into Aura or DarkSide (if you want a Blur-based ROM) or CM7 (or a derivative of it, such as RedPill-CM7 or Neutrino). And FWIW, when I installed RedPill-CM7 (after wiping data, cache, and Dalvik cache), the initial boot took less than 5 minutes (maybe not even that long; it just seemed longer).
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I usually wait 2 minutes and then pull the battery. I've heard of peoples phones going on after 5-10 minutes on the boot screen and I've heard people kill their battery waiting.
    - Sam

Member #
    Twitter
    MikeySmikey
    Liked
    5 times
    OK, this is what happened. I rebooted my device, went into recovery and made a backup, rebooted and went into fastboot, then I got the error message "failed to process command CNXN error (0x120000). I have no idea what to do about this. I've reinstalled the phone drivers, used the auto unlocker I used to unlock it to run a fastboot check and it said that it was in invalid command. Any suggestions for this?

Member #
    Twitter
    MikeySmikey
    Liked
    5 times
    Bahahahahaaa SUCCESS!!! So what I did was push my way through the annoying "failed to do what you want" message and everything worked as if it never happened. Personally, I wouldn't recommend doing that to others, but hey, if it works....

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    That's odd..did you get RomRacer's CWM installed along with CM7 successfully?
    - Sam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads