Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[ROM] Dorian's RedPill-CM7 - Now Based on CM 7.2

This is a discussion on [ROM] Dorian's RedPill-CM7 - Now Based on CM 7.2 within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; CURRENT RELEASE VERSION: 9.1.2012 - Download link at the bottom of this post Dorian's RedPill CM7 is based on the CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM, with Dorian's ...

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: [ROM] Dorian's RedPill-CM7 - Now Based on CM 7.2

Member #
    Liked
    420 times

[ROM] Dorian's RedPill-CM7 - Now Based on CM 7.2

CURRENT RELEASE VERSION: 9.1.2012 - Download link at the bottom of this post

Dorian's RedPill CM7
    is based on the CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM, with Dorian's trademark tweaks and alterations for purposes of stability and reliability. Unlike the previous RedPill, this ROM does not contain any MotoBlur code, thus it is a lean, mean Android machine. It also means several other things:
    • CM7 lacks the Atrix's webtop capability, as webtop is dependent on the Blur framework; thus, RedPill-CM7 will not work in the lapdock or HD multimedia dock (they will only charge the battery and mirror the display in portrait mode). The standard and car docks, however, do work as expected.
    • Google apps (Market, Maps, Gmail, etc.) are not included; you will have to download them yourself and install them via CWM Recovery, or install them using the built-in ROM Manager app.
    In addition, unlike other ROM developers, Dorian compiles RedPill himself, straight from the latest CM7 source code; it's not a "hack and slash" product that merely tinkers with an existing release. Thus, you can be assured that the ROM is stable and reliable, with no hidden surprises to bite you in the butt.

A few screenshots:

Name:  screenshot-1326350271267.png
Views: 2641
Size:  286.7 KB Name:  screenshot-1326350363887.png
Views: 2641
Size:  21.0 KB Name:  screenshot-1326350478924.png
Views: 3619
Size:  146.6 KB Name:  screenshot-1326350554376.png
Views: 2555
Size:  37.0 KB

Downloads:

Dorian's RedPill CM7 9.1.2012
    Google apps via CyanogenMod Wiki (download the latest release for CyanogenMod 7)

Tutorial:

Unlocking the Boot Loader and Installing Custom ROMs
    Last edited by Dorian; 09-01-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added link to latest ROM release (9.1.2012)
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Excellent idea MJ...but Please post some actual screen shots of the Rom not just links..some of the dialer..the pull down bar...the music player...this would be greatly appreciated..also..some links to the various fixes updates and themes that are compatible would be most helpful as well without having to dig through 200 pages or various threads to get this info..I know it is a lot to ask for...but would be really great if it was on the first page..

Respectfully

Mac

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC11700 View Post
    Excellent idea MJ...but Please post some actual screen shots of the Rom not just links..some of the dialer..the pull down bar...the music player...this would be greatly appreciated..also..some links to the various fixes updates and themes that are compatible would be most helpful as well without having to dig through 200 pages or various threads to get this info..I know it is a lot to ask for...but would be really great if it was on the first page..
    I'll see what I can do, but remember, this isn't the official RedPill-CM7 thread, merely a placeholder; Dorian's the one who'll undoubtedly do much of that stuff. I just did this as a favor to everyone, so that they wouldn't have to wade through a million pages of messages in the original RedPill thread.

As far as compatible themes go, any theme that's designed for Theme Chooser (aka "T-Mobile Theme Engine" or "CM7 Theme Engine") should work just fine with it, because that's the beauty of Theme Chooser themes: universal compatibility. There's a ton of 'em on the Market and in the xda forums. (Okay, there are a few caveats. If the theme specifically says something like "MDPI only" or "does not include HDPI," then it won't work with the Atrix because the Atrix needs HDPI images. [There's basically three different types: HDPI, MDPI, and LDPI. Think of them as high, medium, and low resolution. Most themes include at least HDPI, and some include all three. And just to complicate matters, ICS introduces XHDPI, for extra-high resolution. Argh!])
    MAC11700 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Awesome, but I think all wait for the final release with the FP sensor. Big thanks to the developers that are still working on improving the atrix!!!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    HA HA....Good point Unforgiven. I have to say I like this ROM. It's my backup ROM in the event that CM7 just isn't meeting my fancy or I just want a change.

When I use this ROM, I like to use GO Launcher. But when I use the CM7 ROM, I like to use ADW. It's weird, because it really makes no difference. I guess CM7 has ADW built in, why not use it. Meh. I am rambling. The Hybrid ROM has given me less problems than any of them (I did have some issues when initially installing it, not sure why, but it has been resolved).

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    is bluetooth working for anyone with this rom? it was working for me with redpill v3 then i went to neutrino (no bluetooth) and then now this. ive been trying to connect it to my car but it isnt working. i turned bt on, made device descoverable and then scanned for devices with the car on. nothing.

ideas?

edit: nevermind figured it out, bluetooth is working but audio isnt playing through. i think it has something to do with the amp install, cds arent playing audio either after the shop got done with it. taking it back tomorrow
    Last edited by Slowhand; 01-11-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grenefroggie View Post
    HA HA....Good point Unforgiven. I have to say I like this ROM. It's my backup ROM in the event that CM7 just isn't meeting my fancy or I just want a change.

When I use this ROM, I like to use GO Launcher. But when I use the CM7 ROM, I like to use ADW. It's weird, because it really makes no difference. I guess CM7 has ADW built in, why not use it. Meh. I am rambling. The Hybrid ROM has given me less problems than any of them (I did have some issues when initially installing it, not sure why, but it has been resolved).
    Glad things are working for you. This is my daily driver and my favorite. I don't have problems with the proximity sensor or black screen that doesn't wake up in a call.. The most stable and to me fast because I can tweak it anyway I want.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    Anyone having issues with auto brightness? Mine is wonky sometimes the screen just stays dim even in sunlight. I tried using the cm7 settings for it but they are confusing.

Tapped from Chris's OG Atrix running Dorian's hybrid!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    no problems here, the cyanogen custom settings are great, for the first time i can set the display just the way i like it!!

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by schwann View Post
    I guess now it's another thread I'm constantly refreshing now. Ughhhhh. I guess soon wasn't that soon! Nononono, don't funk with my heart.
    Dude, you probably don't need to do that. This thread was just to separate the discussions of the "new" RedPill from the "old" RedPill thread. When Dorian does put out his next release, I'm sure he'll create a new thread for it so that he can have control over the first post, the subject line, and so forth; I'll then ask that this thread be locked, deleted, or merged into the new thread, and then my work will be done.

EDIT by moderator: I have removed several posts that were related to the concept of starting a new thread and did not contribute to RedPill in order to minimize the same mire that bogged down the last thread. Hopefully, we'll keep the thread more manageable. My apologies to anyone whose posts were removed for brevity.
    Last edited by carl_h; 01-13-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads