Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkside/Not'something-rom, Help me get one

This is a discussion on Darkside/Not'something-rom, Help me get one within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; First, i know this is all posted in the forums, I've read several times and it's like reading about biomolecular physics and being 5... lot ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By RobKort
  • 1 Post By grenefroggie

Thread: Darkside/Not'something-rom, Help me get one

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Darkside/Not'something-rom, Help me get one

First, i know this is all posted in the forums, I've read several times and it's like reading about biomolecular physics and being 5... lot of mumbo jumbo there. I really just want HD mirroring, just another reason to say "your iphone sucks and can't do this" to my friend. So, in short

-please help me download whichever rom is best. Steps, instructions
    -My atrix is stock rom, android version 2.3.6, system 4.5.141
    -anyone who can help I really appreciate it. Sorry if this is an inconvenience but I've been to lazy to keep up with my phone's amazingness

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    This is something you can't take lightly, and you must understand the you are doing this at your own risk. You will also be effectively be voiding your warranty. Read everything several times if you wish to proceed. One you are sure read again.

First you have to do this....

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/motorola-atrix-hacks/4414-how-root-motorola-atrix-1-all-versions-including-stock-locked-2-3-4-2-3-6-a.html#post47155

And then your have to do this...

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/motorola-atrix-hacks/3331-tut-unlocking-bootloader-installing-custom-roms.html#post41669

Good luck.

-end of line-
    grenefroggie and UltraDroid like this.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    These two steps help you achieve two things: 1. Root your phone, 2. Unlock your bootloader.

You can root your phone and do many amazing things with apps that require root while ultimately keeping your phone more or less the same. However, unlocking your bootloader forever changes your phone and will void your warranty. But, after unlocking the bootloader, you will then be able to load custom ROMs and play with more options on your phone, depending on which ROM you load.

Just be sure you are aware of what you are getting yourself in to. Otherwise, have a blast and ask questions if you have them! There is nothing like bricking a $450 phone.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah, I'm already rooted, that was done as soon as I got my phone awhile ago. Biggest question is, will the new updates affect my phone. for example, if there's an update available, is there anything special that i have to do? Thanks for all the help

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    You will have to revert back to stock by flashing whatever version you were in before unlocking the bootloader (either 2.3.4 or 2.3.6). You can accomplish this with RSD lite but, never flash anything bellow what you had or you will soft brick the phone. If you try to flash a update while on a custom ROM, you will also brick the phone hence the need to revert back to stock.

-end of line-
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I would like to add that before doing this, having phone insurance is a VERY good idea. If you end up messing up your phone at least you will have to pay 125 or so for the deductible, not full or used price to replace. :-)

Sent from my MB860 running cm7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Ads