Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stock ROM 2.3.6 relock/unroot BACK TO STOCK ROM

This is a discussion on Stock ROM 2.3.6 relock/unroot BACK TO STOCK ROM within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Hi All, Here is the way that I have used to recover from boot-loops,soft-bricks, and CRAPPY ROMs. Returns phone back to factory boxed condition. 1) ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Stock ROM 2.3.6 relock/unroot BACK TO STOCK ROM

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Stock ROM 2.3.6 relock/unroot BACK TO STOCK ROM

Hi All,

Here is the way that I have used to recover from boot-loops,soft-bricks, and CRAPPY ROMs. Returns phone back to factory boxed condition.

1) Start up RSD Lite
    2) Reboot phone in to RSD support and connect phone to PC via usb
    3) Select SBF in RSD. You can download STOCK ROM 2.3.6 here http://www.filefactory.com/file/79zd...PE_P012.sbf.gz
    4) Be patient it takes some time for RSD to complete the flashing. Leave it along when it's done your done and your phone is ready to use.
    5) Locked boot loader and rerooted( bootloader on my phone ) You might still be unlocked if your efuse is tripped

Requirements:

1) Motorola Windows drives
    2) RSD lite 5.6
    3) USB cable
    4) SBF file 1ff-olympus-user-2.3.6-4.5.141-111212-release-keys-signed-ATT-US-GAS_NA_OLPSGBATTSPE_P012.sbf
    5) Patients
    6) Battery charged
    7) Atrix ATT/USA

USE at your own RISK.

Good luck
    Photobuddha
    Last edited by das8nt; 09-30-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    One correction: this method may remove root and return you to a stock ROM, but it does not re-lock the boot loader. Unlocking the boot loader trips a hardware "fuse" that cannot be reversed, period (except maybe by Motorola technicians). Re-flashing the stock SBF may remove the "unlocked" message from the boot screen, but that's merely cosmetic: once your boot loader is unlocked, it's unlocked forever. Just wanted to make sure that was understood so that others won't get the impression that the boot loader can be re-locked.
    UltraDroid and ManDroid like this.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Definitely use at your own risk as this file may or may not be for your phone. Also note that your phone will not be locked, as this is an irreversible process.

Photobudda....please indicate which sbf file you've linked. It will not work universally, so knowing which sbf file you're linking is vital.
    UltraDroid and ManDroid like this.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The SBF is from Motorola it's the stock SBF file. The file name is 1ff-olympus-user-2.3.6-4.5.141-111212-release-keys-signed-ATT-US-GAS_NA_OLPSGBATTSPE_P012.sbf. It does relock the bootloader. I have to unlock my bootloader after applying with RSD. I thought the same thing about the bootloader message just missing but it was relocked. I could not load any roms after loading this SBF.
    Last edited by das8nt; 09-30-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Photobuddah, I'm no technician, but it is *impossible* to re-lock the bootloader on an Atrix 4g, once it's been unlocked. To borrow a quote from post #2 of this thread "Unlocking the boot loader trips a hardware "fuse" that cannot be reversed, period (except maybe by Motorola technicians). Re-flashing the stock SBF may remove the "unlocked" message from the boot screen, but that's merely cosmetic: once your boot loader is unlocked, it's unlocked forever."
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid;[URL="tel:106452"
    106452[/URL]]Photobuddah, I'm no technician, but it is *impossible* to re-lock the bootloader on an Atrix 4g, once it's been unlocked. To borrow a quote from post #2 of this thread "Unlocking the boot loader trips a hardware "fuse" that cannot be reversed, period (except maybe by Motorola technicians). Re-flashing the stock SBF may remove the "unlocked" message from the boot screen, but that's merely cosmetic: once your boot loader is unlocked, it's unlocked forever."
    I understand completely but after applying this SBF my bootloader was looked. I applied it again last night and sure enough it was looked afterflashing. I can offer that maybe I have a phone that some how did not get the efuse tripped. I don't want to mislead anyone, this is just my experience. I hope this helps some people that just want their phones working like stock(stable) again.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    You phone is and isn't locked. It's unlocked in the sense that Motorola can see that the fuse is tripped and that is what would void any warranty, but it's not able to access the boot loader in the current state and would require you to unlock the boot loader again in order to fully utilize it.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I know it appears to be locked, but it can still be found to "have been unlocked" previously a few different ways. First, you will never have to give the command "fastboot oem unlock" again since the first time is irreversible. You can also find a more in depth look here: Give me your FUSES! For rooted users, froyo OR gingerbread, locked or not survey

It truly is permanent and the "not being able to flash ROMs" is like a band-aid over a scar.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

wah
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Need help please
    I tried to restore use this sbf file. Now My phone got boot-loop. What can I do now.(from M-----rethink possible----M)

Thanks
    Wah
    Last edited by wah; 04-27-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wah View Post
    Need help please
    I tried to restore use this sbf file. Now My phone got boot-loop. What can I do now.(from M-----rethink possible----M)

Thanks
    Wah
    Please check the response to your other post here: http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/mot...tml#post106695

Please refrain from cross posting.

Thanks.
    UltraDroid likes this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads