Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I want it as stock as possible!!

This is a discussion on I want it as stock as possible!! within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; ANY of the ICS roms are not fully working at this time. They have camera and video issues, as well as some browsing issues. They're ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I want it as stock as possible!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    ANY of the ICS roms are not fully working at this time. They have camera and video issues, as well as some browsing issues. They're stable otherwise. Again, if you want the rom as stock as possible, leave it alone.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    ANY of the ICS roms are not fully working at this time. They have camera and video issues, as well as some browsing issues. They're stable otherwise. Again, if you want the rom as stock as possible, leave it alone.

and what about Gingerbread but of a diff flavor? I mean, Sense or Sammy's look? Is that possible?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Of course, it's possible ... but first you have to determine WHY and WHAT are you trying to do? You say you want it stock but then you say you want something different. You can either go with a rom like Nottachtrix, which is based on 2.3.6 but customizable in that you can add/subtract some elements, or go with a rom like CM-7, which strips out the blur backbone of the Atrix, giving you a stable android version of GB but limits or modifies significantly the capabilities that Motorola designed into your phone that make it the Atrix. And, yes you can go back to stock (kind of) but, of course, you open yourself up to the chances of bricking your phone and you definitely void your warranty.

So, rather than throwing rocks into a huge ocean, let's start by narrowing down the playing field by telling us what you actually want and/or why you want to do that. It's quite possible that you don't have to do much, at all, to achieve your goals or it may be that you do need to unlock the bootloader and install a custom rom to get to where you want to go.
    arcturuszer0 and UltraDroid like this.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok..thanks for the detailed reply...I want a ROM that is basically and firstly fast. (I mean who doesn't.)
    Secondly, I don't know is it just me but the ICS interface seems to be a lot more simpler than GB.
    Third, the phone is used more for browsing/downloading apps. Chatting with friends and family. Taking pictures and music of course....

But the main problem is boredom. After a while, using the same old music player, same old lock screen and launcher and all...it gets a little boring (read: iPhone) LOL!

So that's why need to change it now.

As a footnote: The phone is used by my wife and not me. SHe says she is now bored of the way it looks. I know that means I can download themes and all..but thats like a temporary solution. Need something more permanent. And an ICS ROM is that welcome change....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads