Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[ROM] Atrix-MROM

This is a discussion on [ROM] Atrix-MROM within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; There's a new GingerBread ROM that I've been test driving called the Atrix-MROM. It's fast and stable and battery life is very good. It includes ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lungbender

Thread: [ROM] Atrix-MROM

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

[ROM] Atrix-MROM

There's a new GingerBread ROM that I've been test driving called the Atrix-MROM. It's fast and stable and battery life is very good. It includes the Holo Launcher of which i'm not too fond of as it makes it more ICS'ish and I don't like the ICS UI. I've been running the Androbreadcrumbs ROM but after this came out I'm sold but by mainly one thing. The GPS locks on quicker than stock!! I know because my wife has a stock Atrix and I'm not allowed to mod hers (although I did secretly root it. I just couldn't resist.) You can find it over at XDA here.

Hint: I would lesson the wifi scan to 20 or 30. He currently has it set to 150 but takes way too long to go from data to wifi on it's own. I used Rom Toolbox Pro to adjust it in the build.prop file. He said he is going to reset it to about 30 with the next ROM update. Besides, you can do a lot more with that app. Well worth purchasing.

UPDATE: The new updated ROM dated 20120822 (or if you have a hang over it's 08/22/2012) has the wifi scan interval changed to 30. It also includes an updated kernel and other little tweaks.
    Last edited by Yogi4; 08-22-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Update

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times

Re: [ROM] Atrix-MROM

Being on neutrino, i have been looking at this one. I have read it has some pretty nice battery life. Right now im on a blur based rom for the lapdock, but it is so slow...i think i'll be trying this one out today!
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Lradke, did you take this for a spin yet?? If so what are your thoughts?? I really really like this one. I just made this my daily driver!!

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Anyone have any comments on this ROM? Looking to finally get into some flashing ...

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I used it for a few weeks. Very customizable. Although it does boot extremely quickly!, I found that after stripped down to only the essential services that I use, I could not attain as long a battery life as I could with the Nottachtrix Rom(including all the Blur, Webtop, etc. crap that I don't need). As far as CWM style Roms go, I didn't really have many complaints other than trouble accessing Yahoo phone accounts, lack of HDMI, & I really missed the finger swype. According to SystemTuner Pro, I was easily able to keep the # of running BG processes under 10 processes(down to 4 with Nottach). I've been using RootDim as of late too, and find it a vital tool in the war against battery wastage. Overall, it's my second favorite Rom that I've used yet.
    *I didn't really care for the Holo-Launcher either; diff'rent strokes.....
    Last edited by Lungbender; 10-04-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    hooligan likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    I have been having problems with the screen not waking up on this, and having to do a battery pull and reboot. Anyone else having this problem or have a suggestion how to fix it? Other than that the rom is awesome. Smooth and fast.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This has happened to me twice. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Remove Ads

Ads