Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tired of every unstable ROM on this planet...

This is a discussion on Tired of every unstable ROM on this planet... within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Hi all, I think I woke on the wrong side of the bed today. Just nothing seems to work fine. May it be CM9, 10, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tired of every unstable ROM on this planet...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Tired of every unstable ROM on this planet...

Hi all,

I think I woke on the wrong side of the bed today. Just nothing seems to work fine. May it be CM9, 10, Stock and now even MIUI.

But I like the MIUI the most so far, so is there a way I can have a stable, ICS MIUI ROM. The one I am running is JB and there is a very visible stutter when going from one page to another.

Or then I am thinking I will flash the leaked ICS ROM. Should I?

Member #
    Liked
    177 times

Re: Tired of every unstable ROM on this planet...

I'm on th3bill's aokp jb and it is quite nice. It doesn't play well with dolphin browser but other than that it's a great dd.

Sent from JB AOKP
    Condor97 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by jetmech View Post
    I'm on th3bill's aokp jb and it is quite nice. It doesn't play well with dolphin browser but other than that it's a great dd.

Sent from JB AOKP
    How did u install it? I get the Status 7 error. Do u have the page glitch? I mean when u go from one home page to another, it stutters sooooo badly...I am talking about another JB ROM I flashed. Back to a 2.3.7 or something...

Can u share how u flashed it?

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    177 times

Just did a full wipe thru cwm. I downloaded the rom and the option chooser. So full wipe thru cwm, flash rom with aroma installer, aroma will perform another wipe, then once it's flashed and you're back in cwm flash the options chooser, pick what you want, reboot and enjoy. No lag whatsoever, very fluid with nova launcher.

Sent from JB AOKP

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Just did a full wipe thru cwm. I downloaded the rom and the option chooser. So full wipe thru cwm, flash rom with aroma installer, aroma will perform another wipe, then once it's flashed and you're back in cwm flash the options chooser, pick what you want, reboot and enjoy. No lag whatsoever, very fluid with nova launcher.

Sent from JB AOKP

I hope we are talking about the same ROM...There are two versions right? MIUI.US & MIUI.Android.

The US version installed fine but had a lot of lag. Couldn't understand anything in the screen in the ANDROID installer. From CWM it goes into some weird screen. Then says error...got scared and flashed an older version of MIUI. Wifey isn't very happy...
    What should I do?
    PS: full wipe means data/dalvik/cache right?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Member #
    Liked
    177 times

Nope. On xda its just th3bill's aokp jb. You can choose either miui or paranoid android when you flash it. I don't know what the difference is but I selected miui.

By full wipe I mean factory reset.

Sent from JB AOKP

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    I also use th3bill's AOKP. As long as you don't want to use your video camera or play games that need hardware acceleration, it's excellent. If you need all of that stuff, go back to Gingerbread, as none of the newer ICS/JB roms have it all working properly, and probably won't anytime soon.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Nope. On xda its just th3bill's aokp jb. You can choose either miui or paranoid android when you flash it. I don't know what the difference is but I selected miui.

By full wipe I mean factory reset.

Sent from JB AOKP
    Hmmm..I kinda smelled that. I knew we were talking about different ROMs.

I will look for this ROM nonetheless. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    I also use th3bill's AOKP. As long as you don't want to use your video camera or play games that need hardware acceleration, it's excellent. If you need all of that stuff, go back to Gingerbread, as none of the newer ICS/JB roms have it all working properly, and probably won't anytime soon.
    The thing is, its my wife's phone. U never know what she wants to do with the phone. If she sees me playing NFS, she would want it. But I will try to figure out a way. Also, I am guessing there are NO official MIUI ROMs, GB, ICS, JB irrespective, correct?

EDIT: What is full wipe? Does it remove everything on the data card or does it equal to Wiping Data/Dalvik/Cache?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
    Last edited by B.L.E.A.K; 11-19-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    177 times

It will leave the media portion alone. IE pics, music, etc. I always back up to either external sd or hard disk just in case though.

Sent from JB AOKP

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Why am I having the super-lag with every JB ROM. It happens only with JB. When I go from one screen to another, it stutters like Stuttering Bill (From 'IT' by Stephen King :P).

But if I use a GB ROM, it is fine. This is the only reason I don't want to use JB. Also, this doesnt happen in the app drawer, but only on the home screen.

Lastly, this is the ROM I am talking about, it is perfect, except for the page-stutter.

ht t p : / / forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1650030

^ The US version works but stutters, but the MIUI.Android version doesnt flash, some sort of weird error.

PS: I hope I am not breaking any rule by posting the link. If I am, I apologize in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads