Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to Create ATRIX Rom

This is a discussion on How to Create ATRIX Rom within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Originally Posted by D03274256 I have a spare phone I am testing on, just wasn't sure where to begin...I'll keep up the google hunt. Thank ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How to Create ATRIX Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2016 times
    Quote Originally Posted by D03274256 View Post
    I have a spare phone I am testing on, just wasn't sure where to begin...I'll keep up the google hunt. Thank you for your response and time
    Go over to XDA Developers Forum - Motorola Atrix 4G - xda-developers - and look around. Just be careful about posting anything, particularly in a developers forum. I don't know if you're familiar with XDA Developers Forum or not, but they are some of the finest minds in the Android community - true cutting edge stuff. They also have the ability to get really nasty, REALLY Quick, which was the reason for the warning. They are particularly intolerant of noobs and what they consider to be "idiotic questions" so your best bet is simply read, but not ask any questions. Their site is pretty straight forward in how it's set up, look around and see if you find any useful information but save the questions to ask on this forum.
    nalomo likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    AND... to add to that, I would recommend you message a dev directly on XDA instead of asking in the forums.

Anyone who's been over there, myself included, know what it's like to ask silly questions..

Got my ass handed to me a few times myself. lol.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    494 times
    You also might want to look into ROM Factory. I don't know much about it, but from my understanding it is a great way to make rom's. Another thing to consider is what kind of roms you want to make. You have CM7.2 and all other GB based roms, complete and stable. There are some CM9/10 roms based on ICS/JB that are awesome, but lack a proper kernel and hardware accelaration (aka no camera). There are also some roms based on a recent leak from Motorola that have HW accelaration but still lack that kernel and may or may not be stable (been a while since I looked into them). I have a list of the two, may be a little bit outdated, but I'll see if I can dig it up. It's the great to have you here and looking forward to testing some new roms!

Rom Factory:
    ROM Factory Makes Its Way to the Atrix 4G and Samsung Galaxy S II – xda-developers

Rom list

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/motorola-atrix-roms/9662-list-ics-jb-roms.html
    Last edited by Condor97; 11-30-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    UltraDroid and nalomo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    You also might want to look into ROM Factory. I don't know much about it, but from my understanding it is a great way to make rom's. Another thing to consider is what kind of roms you want to make. You have CM7.2 and all other GB based roms, complete and stable. There are some CM9/10 roms based on ICS/JB that are awesome, but lack a proper kernel and hardware accelaration (aka no camera). There are also some roms based on a recent leak from Motorola that have HW accelaration but still lack that kernel and may or may not be stable (been a while since I looked into them). I have a list of the two, may be a little bit outdated, but I'll see if I can dig it up. It's the great to have you here and looking forward to testing some new roms!

Rom Factory:
    ROM Factory Makes Its Way to the Atrix 4G and Samsung Galaxy S II – xda-developers

Rom list

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/motorola-atrix-roms/9662-list-ics-jb-roms.html

Thanks for the links, I am def going to check those out. I do have another questions, from reading up on this am I better off attempting this in Linux or Windows?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Go over to XDA Developers Forum - Motorola Atrix 4G - xda-developers - and look around. Just be careful about posting anything, particularly in a developers forum. I don't know if you're familiar with XDA Developers Forum or not, but they are some of the finest minds in the Android community - true cutting edge stuff. They also have the ability to get really nasty, REALLY Quick, which was the reason for the warning. They are particularly intolerant of noobs and what they consider to be "idiotic questions" so your best bet is simply read, but not ask any questions. Their site is pretty straight forward in how it's set up, look around and see if you find any useful information but save the questions to ask on this forum.

Thanks for the FYI about the site, I have read a few threads over there but not a member. I'll def keep my noob ?'s for here then since atrixforums is tolerable of my neuroticness.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nalomo View Post
    AND... to add to that, I would recommend you message a dev directly on XDA instead of asking in the forums.

Anyone who's been over there, myself included, know what it's like to ask silly questions..

Got my ass handed to me a few times myself. lol.
    Frightening that you are the 2nd to warn me...Will def steer clear!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the links, I am def going to check those out. I do have another questions, from reading up on this am I better off attempting this in Linux or Windows?
    So I would just use ROM Factory to make a backup of the ROM I am currently running? Maybe I am going about this the wrong angle....I want to be able to custom create my own User Interface, such as the "shortcuts" at the bottom of the home screen, the menu button, how the screen looks when someone is calling etc etc, am I using the wrong terminology with creating my own ROM?

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I want to be able to custom create my own User Interface, such as the "shortcuts" at the bottom of the home screen, the menu button, how the screen looks when someone is calling etc etc, am I using the wrong terminology with creating my own ROM?
    If you just want to change the look and feel of your home screen(s) on your Atrix look at the Atrix Launchers and test out some of the different ones available.

Check out these sites for a few that have been tested....

Best launcher to use on the Atrix? - xda-developers

Best launcher? - Android Forums
    D03274256 and Condor97 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That is what I was searching for. I guess I used the wrong terminology after all....sorry for my confusion. Does anyone know of a launcher that will allow you to "group" icons on the home screen? For example, let's say there are 4 spots for shortcut apps, can I put 2 apps in each shortcut so I could actually have 8? Or is this not possible to be done?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    494 times
    Most launchers will allow the use of folders in the dock,and anywhere else on your home screen. Most have an expandable dock where you can assign the number of shortcuts. Are you on stock gb? ADWEX is a great launcher, very snappy. I like Nova launcher for ICS+.
    Last edited by Condor97; 12-13-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Ads