Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[Boot Animation] Simple CyanogenMod boot animations

This is a discussion on [Boot Animation] Simple CyanogenMod boot animations within the Motorola Atrix Themes forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; After posting my RedPill animation and getting some "atta-boys" for it, G-Man wondered if I could create one for CyanogenMod. Unfortunately, what he was looking ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MJPollard
  • 1 Post By G-Man
  • 1 Post By MJPollard

Thread: [Boot Animation] Simple CyanogenMod boot animations

Member #
    Liked
    420 times

[Boot Animation] Simple CyanogenMod boot animations

After posting my RedPill animation and getting some "atta-boys" for it, G-Man wondered if I could create one for CyanogenMod. Unfortunately, what he was looking for, and what I was actually capable of doing, were two completely different things. However, having been bitten by the bug, I couldn't just let it go, so I came up with a relatively simple animation for CM. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done, and adds a little flair to the normally boring boot sequence.

Thanks/Credits

• The CyanogenMod team, both for their excellent ROM and the CyanogenMod logo
    • jimbush3 (XDA Developers) for his stock AT&T 1.83 theme removal tool, which contained the stock AT&T boot animation (from which I snagged the "Motorola Dual Core" image)
    • Sony Creative Software, for their Vegas Pro non-linear editor (which has the ability to export video frames as individual image files)
    • Adobe Software, for Photoshop Elements (which I'm still struggling to learn; I'd hate to be faced with the full Photoshop!)
    • Lastly, G-Man, for begging, crying, and pleading for a CM animation (okay, not really, but hey, I'm a drama queen )

Description

Again, a simple animation sequence: the "Motorola Dual Core" logo disappears in a flash of white light, which fades into the CyanogenMod logo on a field of stars. Behind the logo, a pulse of color, which repeats until the phone boots into the familiar lock screen. Since this animation is more generic than my animation for RedPill (which, given its theme was based around the movie The Matrix, was pretty specifically locked in), I was able to create variations using eight different colors. Just use the one you prefer!

Name:  CyanogenMod.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  96.4 KB Name:  CyanogenMod_Blue.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  56.8 KB Name:  CyanogenMod_Cyan.jpg
Views: 2860
Size:  58.5 KB Name:  CyanogenMod_Green.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  58.3 KB Name:  CyanogenMod_Magenta.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  57.9 KB

(The forum wouldn't let me upload all of them, but you get the idea.)

Installation Requirements

• Root access to your phone
    • A file management app with root access (i.e. Root Manager, Super Manager, etc.)
    • The boot animation .zip file (see below)

Installation Procedure

The first thing to do is to transfer the appropriate .zip file onto your phone. There are many ways to do it, so I'm going to start from the assumption that you've already copied it there. Also, the .zip file must be renamed to bootanimation.zip. This is required, otherwise the animation will not work!

1. Open your preferred file management app.
    2. Navigate to the folder that contains the .zip file. If it's on the internal SD card, start in /mnt/sdcard. If it's on the external SD card, start in /mnt/sdcard-ext.
    3. Long-press on the bootanimation.zip file and select the Copy option.
    4. Navigate to the phone's /data/local folder.
    5. Select the option to Paste the bootanimation.zip file into the folder.

Placing this file into the /data/local folder will override the built-in boot animation. This is usually preferred over other methods that replace the built-in one, as it allows you to change custom animations whenever you like without touching the built-in animation.

Removal Procedure

1. Open your preferred file management app.
    2. Navigate to the phone's /data/local folder.
    3. Long-press on the .zip filename and select the Delete (or Remove) option.

Once the file is removed, the built-in animation will be used once again.

That's it! Enjoy!

Updates

21-Sep-2011 - Moved the files from MegaUpload to my new Android/Atrix mod page. (The files are there now; the site itself will be up soon.) Note that the names of the files have changed, but the contents are exactly the same as they were before.

Attachments

Simply click on the link to download the animation color you wish to use. Or download them all if you're feeling frisky.

[CyanogenMod_Boot_Blue_Pulse.zip]
    [CyanogenMod_Boot_Cyan_Pulse.zip]
    [CyanogenMod_Boot_Green_Pulse.zip]
    [CyanogenMod_Boot_Magenta_Pulse.zip]
    [CyanogenMod_Boot_Orange_Pulse.zip]
    [CyanogenMod_Boot_Red_Pulse.zip]
    [CyanogenMod_Boot_White_Pulse.zip]
    [CyanogenMod_Boot_Yellow_Pulse.zip]
    Last edited by MJPollard; 09-21-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Download links moved to a new location (my coming-soon Android/Atrix mod page!)
    das8nt and G-Man like this.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Now sporting the blue version of this!! Looks great! Only problem is - my Atrix boots so bloody fast, it barely starts into the blue backround fade-in and its booted. lol!!!
    carl_h likes this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    You've got talent MJ - nice work!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    G-Man: Glad you like it! Perhaps speeding up the animation would help, maybe cutting in half the white flash and color fade in/out times. Simple enough to do, just a few adjustments in Vegas and re-rendering the files. If yours boots that fast, then I'm sure that it's going to be just as fast for others using CM7. Since I tested it on my RedPill Atrix, which uses the stock kernel, I wouldn't have experienced this.

UltraDroid: Thank you! I really wish I had the skills to do more, but I'm happy with what I've been able to do, and that's what counts.

I'm thinking of tackling an animation for the Alien ROM next. I'm thinking of creating one that shows the word "ALIEN" appearing piece by piece, exactly as it does in the opening credits of the movie Alien. I've even snagged the logo from the Alien Quadrilogy DVD set to use. This one will probably take longer, though, as it's going to be a bit more work creating individual images for each "piece" to appear. I'm going to get more familiar with Photoshop Elements than I ever imagined, methinks!
    G-Man likes this.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Remove Ads

Ads