Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Questions about theming on Atrix/Adeo 0.2

This is a discussion on Questions about theming on Atrix/Adeo 0.2 within the Motorola Atrix Themes forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Hey all, I got into theming a while back on my Nexus One running CM7. I really loved the look I ended up with, black ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Questions about theming on Atrix/Adeo 0.2

Hey all,

I got into theming a while back on my Nexus One running CM7. I really loved the look I ended up with, black notification bar with everything red. I want to try it out on Adeo, but without having Clockwork recovery, I'm worried about how forgiving the Atrix is. Before, I knew that if I got stuck in a boot loop I could just reflash the original zips and I'd be fine. Does ADB have the same abilities on the Atrix? Or would I be SoL if I messed up? Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Greven View Post
    Hey all,

I got into theming a while back on my Nexus One running CM7. I really loved the look I ended up with, black notification bar with everything red. I want to try it out on Adeo, but without having Clockwork recovery, I'm worried about how forgiving the Atrix is. Before, I knew that if I got stuck in a boot loop I could just reflash the original zips and I'd be fine. Does ADB have the same abilities on the Atrix? Or would I be SoL if I messed up? Thanks in advance!
    Currently, essentially SoL. We have no Nandroid backup/recovery at this point without a custom recovery. There is supposedly an SBF file out there (allows you to flash back to full stock using RSDlite), but it's being held by a select few that are not releasing it at the moment.

Everything you do now is risky. There is the method posted about recovering from a soft-brick, but it depends on what you have done to your phone. There are also copies of the stock framework, /system and services that might get you back, but the method of putting them back isn't for the faint of heart.

So, it's up to you, but it's currently more risky than safe, IMO.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Currently, essentially SoL. We have no Nandroid backup/recovery at this point without a custom recovery. There is supposedly an SBF file out there (allows you to flash back to full stock using RSDlite), but it's being held by a select few that are not releasing it at the moment.

Everything you do now is risky. There is the method posted about recovering from a soft-brick, but it depends on what you have done to your phone. There are also copies of the stock framework, /system and services that might get you back, but the method of putting them back isn't for the faint of heart.

So, it's up to you, but it's currently more risky than safe, IMO.
    A challenge. I like. Never thought of this before, because I always had my CWR safety net, but here's my idea(a bit fragmented, tired atm): dump Atrix system.img, edit the files I want to theme (framework-res.apk mostly), create an AVD, and run in the emulator. If it's possible, it would take a whole lot of the guesswork out of the process. Since I'm not really messing with anything that major, just colors and images, and I'll know exactly which files were edited, I can't imagine it'd be as dangerous as playing with roms...

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Sounds like you're more than prepared and knowledgeable enough to take the challenge.

I've never dabbled in it, but does the emulator in the SDK emulate real hardware interactions with specific phones?

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Sent from my Rooted Atrix using Tapatalk Pro

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If this helps:

The retail AT&T Atrix SBF has been released here: [retail sbf] OLYFR_U4_1.2.6_SIGNED_OLPSATTSPE_P012_HWolympus_1g _1FF - xda-developers

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    So here we are, weeks of work and countless reflashes later, and I'm almost done with my theme. I've just got a couple more .png's and .xml's to edit and I'll be all set. Screenshots should be up by Sunday. It's based on GingerBlur, so I've sent a message to Kenneth Penn asking if I can insert my theme into his installer. If he gives me the green light, I'll post it here. Otherwise, I'll just upload the specific files with instructions on ADB installation if anyone wants it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    ah. looking forward to see what you have done.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Greven View Post
    So here we are, weeks of work and countless reflashes later, and I'm almost done with my theme. I've just got a couple more .png's and .xml's to edit and I'll be all set. Screenshots should be up by Sunday. It's based on GingerBlur, so I've sent a message to Kenneth Penn asking if I can insert my theme into his installer. If he gives me the green light, I'll post it here. Otherwise, I'll just upload the specific files with instructions on ADB installation if anyone wants it.
    Sweet, Greven! Can't wait to see it! Thanks for sharing it with everyone! (in advance, of course )

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm not quite done yet, still have a few more tweaks to make when I have the time, but it's passable enough to show at least. Consider this an alpha build.
    Let me know what you think!

PhoenixMod v0.1
    Name:  Desktop.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  157.3 KBName:  Paandora2.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  107.4 KBName:  lockscreen.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  114.2 KBName:  Pandora1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  40.9 KBName:  Pulldown.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  119.1 KB

P.S. - The icons are ADW theme DigitalSoul, and the Pandora theme comes courtesy of Keais @ XDA. Major props as well to Dark Davados @ XDA, who turned over his ExtremeRoyal theme, which I relied on heavily for this. Also thanks to Kenneth Penn for laying the groundwork with GingerBlur.
    Last edited by Greven; 03-26-2011 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Forgot to give credit...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    ooooh

I love the red.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.