Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix Hooked up to TV?!?

This is a discussion on Atrix Hooked up to TV?!? within the Motorola Atrix Video forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Extras category; hey guys can somebody tell me if this phone can be hooked up to the big screen for viewing pix, videos etc? im thinking bout ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marshall

Thread: Atrix Hooked up to TV?!?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Atrix Hooked up to TV?!?

hey guys can somebody tell me if this phone can be hooked up to the big screen for viewing pix, videos etc? im thinking bout getting one but trying to decide between this and the iphone. can anybody help make up my mind? lol thanx for ur time and input.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Yes it does, you will need to purchase the HD dock or use the HDMI cable that comes with the device.

Here is some more info from MOTO;

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/63232

Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us!
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Welcome to Android Forums! We're glad you joined our forum.

I'm going to let one of our more knowledgeable members answer the question of connecting the Atrix to the TV - because I've never tried doing that. So hang on and we'll have an answer shortly. In the meantime, pull up a chair and make yourself at home - we're glad you're here.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Ya it comes with an HDMI which will do pics audio and video from phone... it won't stream YouTube or any players like that

It only shows media on phone as far as I know.. when plugged in the phone become the remote... you might wanna look into the webtop external kit with keyboard mouse remote if you want ability to turn TV in to simple web broswrr or to watch YouTube etc

Sent from my Rooted 2.3.4 Atrix Using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jacksoncmc835; 10-10-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes, you can. As jacksoncmc835 said....the package comes with HDMI cable which can be used to connect your Atrix to any big screen but you can access only videos,pics,music saved on your mobile but you cant use any other application.

Member #
    Twitter
    kikkawaryu
    Liked
    9 times
    Hey,You can connect your ATRIX to your tv via HDMI like the other guys have mentioned Ie. For viewing pictures , videos and listening to music but if you wanted to watch youtube videos or use another video player then you would either need the webtop dock which can cost a bit or root the ATRIX and run the webtop over hdmi hack then.you'll be able to stream youtube to your tv ans use other media players aswell as using the entertainment center
    Just a nerd whom likes to help people if they need it, so if i post something that helps, likes are welcome

Member #
    Twitter
    stalematev6
    Liked
    109 times
    If you want to try a wireless streaming approach, there's Twonky: Twonky :: Connected Home :: Stream Your Media to Devices on Your Network.

The mobile app is located here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pv.twonkyremote&hl=en

From personal testing and use, I can confirm it can also access other streaming sources such as TVersity.
    Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean || Bell Mobility Samsung Note 3
    Epinter's CM 10.1 || Atrix 4G MB860

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    In February 2012, I got rid of my iPhone 4 and bought my Atrix 2 (ATT) primarily due to the fact that it has an HDMI port. I ordered the Motorola HDMI cable for the phone from Amazon for less than $6.00. We travel in a small RV so instead of installing a burdomsome and expensive satellite system we went with cellular instead. My Atrix 2 turns into a cable box when connected to the TV with the HDMI cable. We stream Youtube, MLB and have the ATT app for U-Verse and watch that, too. We use WIFI at Sam's Club (ATT) and at Mc Donald's (ATT), also. However, when pressed we do use cellular to watch our Ray's games . Always streamed issue free from day one. We love this phone. It replaces so many other devices and allows us to be very minimalistic while we travel and live our life. My phone is rooted running stock. However, I think it will stream unrooted, too. Hope this helps.
    stalemate likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads