Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Allbryte

This is a discussion on Allbryte within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Hello, GLAD to be here! I am new to android os. I have done the apple and windows, thought I would try this! I am ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lradke

Thread: Allbryte

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Allbryte

Hello, GLAD to be here! I am new to android os. I have done the apple and windows, thought I would try this! I am not receiving text messages from my wifes 4s iphone.. No problem with ANY other incoming messages. Any help would be appreciated greatly... THANKS!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Allbryte View Post
    Hello, GLAD to be here! I am new to android os. I have done the apple and windows, thought I would try this! I am not receiving text messages from my wifes 4s iphone.. No problem with ANY other incoming messages. Any help would be appreciated greatly... THANKS!!
    Hi Allbryte, welcome to the forum! I have found I have problems with certain messages from iphones, usually multi media messages. It has something to do with the format the idevice sends them in. I get text messages just fine from iphones. It is hard to say why you wouldn't be receiving regular texts. Does she get your text messages?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Welcome aboard Allbryte - we're delighted that you joined us.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    Hi Allbryte, welcome to the forum! I have found I have problems with certain messages from iphones, usually multi media messages. It has something to do with the format the idevice sends them in. I get text messages just fine from iphones. It is hard to say why you wouldn't be receiving regular texts. Does she get your text messages?
    I never had issues receiving text messages from an iPhone. My sister has one and I would always receive the photos she would send.

I can't recall anyone sending a video message though. Maybe that is something to consider?

Cheers!
    Condor97 likes this.
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lradke View Post
    I never had issues receiving text messages from an iPhone. My sister has one and I would always receive the photos she would send.

I can't recall anyone sending a video message though. Maybe that is something to consider?

Cheers!
    The two types of messages that I can't seem to receive are when someone with an iphone tries to share a contact with me, and when they send a slide show of some sort. When I get a regular picture it comes through almost as a video, where you have to press play. I am running AOSP on my S3 so maybe that has something to do with it.

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    The two types of messages that I can't seem to receive are when someone with an iphone tries to share a contact with me, and when they send a slide show of some sort. When I get a regular picture it comes through almost as a video, where you have to press play. I am running AOSP on my S3 so maybe that has something to do with it.
    I would get that same sideshow effect when my other sister would send a photo from her blackberry...but never from an iPhone. Maybe it has to do with the iOS version?

Cheers!
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    That could be. Maybe I'm doing it wrong lol. I will have to find someone with an idevice and experiment.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    hey there.. welcome.

i've never had issues with my old iphone either. i wish i could help you try it out, but i sold it.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Remove Ads

Ads