Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello, im new to this site

This is a discussion on Hello, im new to this site within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Hello everyone.. Have been using ME860 for years and now wanna try new stuff, wonder if any senior could guide me through root and installing ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Condor97
  • 1 Post By UltraDroid
  • 1 Post By nalomo
  • 2 Post By stalemate

Thread: Hello, im new to this site

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hello, im new to this site

Hello everyone.. Have been using ME860 for years and now wanna try new stuff, wonder if any senior could guide me through root and installing jellybean.. Sorry for the newb question though.. Thanks..
    Last edited by Barigaldi; 10-23-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Typo error

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Barigaldi View Post
    Hello everyone.. Have been using ME860 for years and now wanna try new stuff, wonder if any senior could guide me through root and installing jellybean.. Sorry for the newb question though.. Thanks..
    Hi there, welcome to the forum! I am not familiar with the ME860, and I do not know if the same hacks will work on your phone as will the MB860. Here is a thread explaining the difference

MB860 / ME860 . What's the diff?

To install any form of Jellybean, you will have to unlock your bootloader and install a custom rom. I did a quick Google search and found mixed results of peoples attempts with unlocking the bootloader for your phone, so it sounds like it can be done, but I am not sure if the process would be the same as the MB860. I would do some serious research before attempting to unlock your bootloader. Here is the process for the MB860...

[TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs
    UltraDroid likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Welcome to the forum! Condor has given you some very good links to check out. Please make sure you've read them thoroughly and understand what you're trying to achieve before you try rooting your Atrix.
    Condor97 likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    hello.. welcome to the forum.

i agree with ultra.. when in doubt, study study study..

it also doesn't hurt to look on youtube for the process so you'll have a visual representation of what you're getting yourself into.

good luck.
    Condor97 likes this.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Twitter
    stalematev6
    Liked
    109 times
    Barigaldi, I was in the exact same position some time ago: only a superficial knowledge of what rooting and ROMs were all about, but a keen interest in seeing for myself if the rumours about increased functionality, speed, etc. were all true.

As soon as my warranty period expired I took the plunge, and I loved the experience.

Research really is your friend, but concentrate it on the task you aim to complete: unlocking then rooting your phone, then installing a ROM that meets your needs. It may sound daunting at first, but if you have a little time, a curiosity about how things work, and know a little about the world of IT, things will go well.

And in a pinch, you can always depend on the excellent support from the fine folks here.

If you're interested, you can read up about my own experience here: Finally Taking the Plunge.

My device is an MB860, and even though the recap above has its ups and downs, I'm now on my 6th ROM on this phone (epinter's Cyanogen Mod 10.1 variant, Jelly Bean 4.2.2) and now feel confident enough with the process to have gone on to root/ROM my kids' LG phones, a Galaxy S2, and my Nexus 7 tablet.
    Condor97 and nalomo like this.
    Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean || Bell Mobility Samsung Note 3
    Epinter's CM 10.1 || Atrix 4G MB860

Remove Ads

Ads