Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Almost switched to Vz... Droid? Thunderbolt? Atrix...

This is a discussion on Almost switched to Vz... Droid? Thunderbolt? Atrix... within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; For the past few months, I've been counting the days until mid January 2011 when my AT&T contract would finally expire and I could jump ...

Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Almost switched to Vz... Droid? Thunderbolt? Atrix...

For the past few months, I've been counting the days until mid January 2011 when my AT&T contract would finally expire and I could jump ship - not just from my unwieldy Blackberry Bold - but also to Verizon's glorious selection of Android phones.

And, of course, right before that CES happened rolling out a slew of awesome new phones that made me realize maybe I shouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger on the Droid X which I was eying up at the time. Namely, I wanted the Bionic - but it's Q2 release date was just too far away.

Then I was all about the HTC Thunderbolt - a beefed up Evo 4G that would operate on Verizon's LTE network. But a series of events soured me - on both the TB and Verizon. First of all, Verizon, Best Buy and HTC are still jerking people around over the Thunderbolt release date because Vz's peeing their pants in excitement over the iPhone. Then I realized that an area of Western Maryland where I do a lot of business travel has absolutely no Verizon 3G coverage - and no plans to get it anytime soon. Without LTE, the Thunderbolt just didn't seem worth it.

I initially dismissed the Atrix considering it a gimmick with it's docking feature and the pathetic history of AT&T Android devices (ironically, I had initially switched to AT&T because Vz phones were so hopelessly locked down with VCast). But the more I read up on the phone and the specs, despite the overpriced (and still seemingly a gimmick of a laptop dock), i'm realizing this is the perfect phone for me.

As for the iPhone - my wife has one, and it's just not my cup of tea. I suppose it's the gadget geek in me that craves the Android.

So that's my story, and in my research of the Atrix I stumble on an entire community of Atrix enthusiasts. Hi everyone!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Hey effington. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my white iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nalomo; 02-13-2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Removed quote.. ;)

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Nice to have yea here, we all hope its as good as it looks.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Welcome to the forum Effington! I cannot wait to get away from my iPhone and am counting down the days until the Atrix arrives.
    I would rather shoot for the moon and miss then aim for the gutter and make it...

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Another one bites the dust! Welcome aboard, Effington! With or without the laptop dock, this phone will absolutely ROCK!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Welcome, glad to have another Atrix fan amongst us!

Sent from my Preclair Backflip using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I hear ya effington!!! Im in the same boat and from what ive gathered we are definitly make a very wise decision bro... I cant wait.

Glad you found the site and hope you learn as much about the Atrix from here as i already have!

Remove Ads

Ads