Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

This is a discussion on Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Originally Posted by Fonner Hey guys - I have been snooping around here for the last day and have increased my knowledge about the Atrix ...

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    161 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonner View Post
    Hey guys - I have been snooping around here for the last day and have increased my knowledge about the Atrix 10 fold in less than 24 hours - Thank you.

I currently have an iPhone 3Gs on AT&T network and a Blackberry 8830 World Edition on Verizon's network. I have had an iPhone or Blackberry (or both) for the last 5+ years and I am ready to ditch my iPhone for the Atrix. I love my iPhone, but I am sick and tired of the crappy reception and painfully slow iOS on iPhone. I am very excited to start playing with my new phone that was delivered about 15 minutes ago to the house...
    Awesome! Congrats and welcome to the forum! Glad you joined us. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have and jump in and participate when you can!

I also noticed you're from Santa Cruz! San Jose here.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post

I also noticed you're from Santa Cruz! San Jose here.
    Hey Wicked - I live in Santa Cruz and work in Santa Clara. I can be found off of San Tomas and Walsh.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    161 times
    Hey Wicked - I live in Santa Cruz and work in Santa Clara. I can be found off of San Tomas and Walsh.
    That's nuts! I used to live in Santa Clara, right off of Lick Mill close to Lafayette. At Archstone and Bella Vista!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    That's nuts! I used to live in Santa Clara, right off of Lick Mill close to Lafayette. At Archstone and Bella Vista!

Small world!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Hey guys - I have been snooping around here for the last day and have increased my knowledge about the Atrix 10 fold in less than 24 hours - Thank you.

I currently have an iPhone 3Gs on AT&T network and a Blackberry 8830 World Edition on Verizon's network. I have had an iPhone or Blackberry (or both) for the last 5+ years and I am ready to ditch my iPhone for the Atrix. I love my iPhone, but I am sick and tired of the crappy reception and painfully slow iOS on iPhone. I am very excited to start playing with my new phone that was delivered about 15 minutes ago to the house...
    Welcome to the forums! I can't claim that I have ever lived anywhere near you, but I'm just as glad that you found us and the site has helped you out.

Sent from my Rooted Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Hello all, I recently signed up but have been snooping around for about the past week trying to learn as much as I can about this phone. I seem to be obsessed with getting the "perfect" phone right now and I"m driving myself and my wife nuts over it. Allow me to explain, I became eligible for an upgrade around December and was excited about the prospect but at this point I'm still frustrated. I had been thinking of the Samsung Captivate, Blackberry Torch, Samsung Focus or iPhone 4. Note they are all different OS's, I had a Blackberry 8900 and was sick of the tiny screen and trackball. I was interested in the Captivate because I had heard MANY good things about Android, the Torch sounded cool and would be an easy transition for me, the Focus interested me because of the Xbox live integration (I have an XBL account) and the iPhone because my wife has the 3G and likes it and I've had an iTunes account for a while because I have an iPod classic and Shuffle...and I've kinda been jealous of her phone for about the past year or so. I finally decided to try the Captivate and liked the size, large screen but VERY thin, I could hardly tell when I had it in my pocket. Android is of course VERY customizable so I liked that as well, I liked the ability to use a micro sd card to expand memory. It downloaded and installed apps SUPER fast it took pictures and video with GREAT clarity. However I also ran into things about it that I didn't like, the GPS didn't work very well, the battery life was bad, I tried using Tango to talk to my sister on her iPhone 4 but found the lack of a forward facing camera to be annoying and if I wanted to take a picture while on a call I would have to try a different camera app and the iHeart radio app that I listen to at work didn't work in my building. So I took it back and got the iPhone 4 and quite simply, it works like it should however...I HATE it's physical design, it's a squared off brick and the screen is too small in my opinion. I hate that I can't change the chime of the facebook alert, or any other alert for that matter besides the ring tone and incoming text tone and even those are limited to what Apple provides and E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E freaking has one so it's easy for a chime to go off and everyone looks at their phone. So here I am trying to research the Atrix because I think it'll be everything I want but I just don't know and I want to put this issue to rest and make sure I have something I'll be content with for the next two years.

I'm attracted to this phone because of the design/size, power (even if it's not being used to it's fullest at present) the forward facing camera, the ability to take advantage of the 4G network when it become available and the Android OS but I'm apprehensive because of what I've read on this forum about battery life, lack of speed and lack of apps that can be used on this phone at present. Anyone care to give me that little nudge that this is the phone for me?

p.s. sorry for going on such a long tirade, I just wanted to give you the full picture of my dilemma.

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Welcome, Steve. I fully understand your confusion...I went through the same before I got the Nexus One. And I kept the Nexus once I got the Atrix.

The Atrix is, quite simply, the state-of-the-art in current cellphone technology, period. The fact that it runs Android is just a plus, IMHO

I'm not sure what all the complaining about battery life is all about...could be about heavy use, or unrealistic expectations. Is it impossible to charge it nightly? I haven't had any problems with mine, and I leave wifi enabled, even when I'm away from home, and don't suffer for it that I can tell.

I'd heartily recommend the Atrix if you're in the market now! And if you're out of contract, ATT should give you a pretty good deal on it, from what I've read here! Go ahead, you won't regret it.

Member #
    Liked
    195 times
    Thanks Wera, that may be all I need. I don't know about you but I have ALWAYS charged at night and in reality, during my normal work day I leave my (in this case iPhone) plugged in at my desk while I work almost the entire day as I listen to iHeart and/or Pandora. Anyone else feel like pointing out some more pluses that I might not realize?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Hello everyone!!

Steve, you should go with the atrix. I had the blackberry torch, the captivate, the iphone 3gs (jailbroken =P), and have used my lady's iphone 4... and I could say that haven't been happier with any other phone, I was about to with the iphone 4 since I really wanted to been able to video chat with my lady since we are having our first child (due on May!!!), but the atrix has been incredible (just have to wait till they fix the issue with Tango)

Go for the Atrix....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Glad to help, Steve. Be careful though, I've been in sales most of my working life

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads