Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hi, from future-ex iPhone user ?

This is a discussion on Hi, from future-ex iPhone user ? within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Hi everyone, I hope you're not gonna skip this post because I really need your help to switch to Android! I am currently an iPhone ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Hi, from future-ex iPhone user ?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hi, from future-ex iPhone user ?

Hi everyone,

I hope you're not gonna skip this post because I really need your help to switch to Android!

I am currently an iPhone user (baahhh! ) and I can't decide between waiting for the iPhone 5 to get released or switching to Android for another experience (which may be even better !).
    I'm starting to get bored waiting for Apple to release their 'revolutionary' devices. I have an old iPhone which is very very slow and I'm looking for a very fast phone today.

The two Android phones that I found are the Motorola Atrix and the Samsung Galaxy S2.
    Well, since the samsung is way too big (seriously, it is almost a galaxy tab ^^), I think the only choice is the Atrix, which seems to be a very very good phone.

I watched a lot of youtube reviews and I'm reading you for a few days now. I was in the shop yesterday in from of the phone and I almost bought it. But first I really need to understand a few things: how do you sync your phone ?!! I spent some hours looking for answers and it seems to me that it is very difficult to sync everything at the same time.
    Today I just plug the iPhone on the mac and yup! everything is synchronized (contacts, calendar, photos, musics, apps...). Is it possible to do the same with the Atrix ? (and how ? )

Also, (my question may be stupid), I use calendar reminders on the lockscreen on my phone and I really need it. Does Android on the Atrix offer some widgets which automatically scan the calendar to populate the lock screen ?

I am really looking forward to switch to Android but if I can't sync my phone easily.. arg

I will continue reading you, waiting for some answers and I hope i'll be soon a new Atrix owner

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I was an iPhone 3gs user till I got the ATRIX. It is seriously the best phone in my books. The amour of uses for the phone are almost unlimited now with the unlocked boot loader and everything. Its like having a jailbroken iPhone on steroids and with better customizability. I would say switch. Its not likely you will be disapointed

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    In answer to one question, yes, you can theoretically put a calender widget on the lockscreen. I say theoretically, because I haven't, as of yet, put one on my lockscreen.

By the way, future welcome! (If you come over to the dark side)
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your comments!
    What about the sync between the Atrix and my contacts, calendars, photos, musics... ? Is there a software like iTunes which manages everything ?
    (I'd also love to see a screenshot of lock screen with calendar reminders, do you know where I can find one ?)

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    What about the sync between the Atrix and my contacts, calendars, photos, musics... ?
    As soon as you plug in your atrix to the PC via USB cable, it will want to install software to the PC. The software is called Motorola Media Link.
    It does help transfer music, video, and pictures. It also syncs music, video, and pictures. Its a little unwieldy, but if you play around with it. It does the job.

As for contacts and calendar, I dont think there is an easy way stock out of the phone. You can however, sync contacts and calenders through a google account.

Here is a possible linkie:

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ynchronization

I haven't tried this method yet with my stock atrix, so I cant confirm it will work, but it links through motorola's website itself.

- U

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    my contacts, calendars
    So, after checking the stock atrix again, lol. You can sync your contacts with the built in Phone Portal app. You can import/export it to Motorola Backup .bak, vCard .vcf, or Outlook .csv.
    So you can sync contacts only via phone portal. Double checking the stock applications, calender syncing doesnt seem to be included via motorola apps.

The built-in calendar seems to sync with a standard google account. So, it probably makes sense making a google account to sync email, calendar, and contact instead of individually
    backing up contacts only with phone portal.

- U

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Assuming you have a Google account, turning on sync will keep contacts and calendar uptown date with Google web site.

Sent from my moto Atrix using Tapatalk!
    Magic is real -- unless declared integer.
    - sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Member #
    Twitter
    @logantyler_
    Liked
    59 times
    Don't waste your money

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Switched over from iPhone4,love android.I'm so tired of jail breaking every month and waiting for jailbreaks to do stuff that android does stock.I like my iPad and itouch....but never going back to iPhone.I sync all my music with double twist.my contacts are synced with yahoo mail app.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    i came form an iphone 3gs myself. i would love to find someone willing to trade an iphone 4 for this atrix that i bought. i hate android now that im getting used to it. im glad i didnt go back into contact with the atrix so i when the iphone 5 comes out, i can just switch back for cheap.
    Kool68 likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads