Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UK T-mobile newbie

This is a discussion on UK T-mobile newbie within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Just a quick hello My Atrix is due for delivery tomorrow after being offered it for silly money by T-mobile as an upgrade for my ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By skattrd

Thread: UK T-mobile newbie

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

UK T-mobile newbie

Just a quick hello
    My Atrix is due for delivery tomorrow after being offered it for silly money by T-mobile as an upgrade for my nearly 2yr old HTC Hero.

I've been looking for themes/roms to get me started but can't find any that I'm happy with. I would try CyanogenMod as I used it for a while on the Hero, but I want fingerprint scanner so thats a no go for now. I'll prob root/unlock the phone and see how I get on with the stock rom and a few tweaks for a bit. I'll miss my current ROM (Salsa Sense 2.3.3 with HTC Sense 2.1) but looking forward to a shiny new phone with lots more powah

edit: just found a theme I like vivid lime ... which is a start
    Last edited by skattrd; 09-27-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skattrd View Post
    Just a quick hello
    My Atrix is due for delivery tomorrow after being offered it for silly money by T-mobile as an upgrade for my nearly 2yr old HTC Hero.

I've been looking for themes/roms to get me started but can't find any that I'm happy with. I would try CyanogenMod as I used it for a while on the Hero, but I want fingerprint scanner so thats a no go for now. I'll prob root/unlock the phone and see how I get on with the stock rom and a few tweaks for a bit. I'll miss my current ROM (Salsa Sense 2.3.3 with HTC Sense 2.1) but looking forward to a shiny new phone with lots more powah

edit: just found a theme I like vivid lime ... which is a start
    Hello and welcome to the site! Pre-congrats on the new hardware! Hope you like it as much as we do.

I must caution about that exact link you posted to the theme. That theme was based on AT&T build 4.1.57 or 4.1.83 and is currently outdated (I just added an update to that OP). There might be a new version of it built to load on top of a ROM (most themes are ROM specific), but you might want to browse here for more info: Atrix 4G Themes and Apps - xda-developers

Or, you can always look at the current ROMs at the following link and see if they have any themes included with them that you may like: Atrix 4G Android Development - xda-developers

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, instead of starting a new threat i am in exactly the same situtation though i am not up to date with phone roms. I used to customise my PSP but that was a while ago.

Im looking at possibly rooting my Atrix but i have no idea where to start or what custom firmware to put on once its rooting.

Please can someone guide me in the right direction.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopiaEye View Post
    Hello, instead of starting a new threat i am in exactly the same situtation though i am not up to date with phone roms. I used to customise my PSP but that was a while ago.

Im looking at possibly rooting my Atrix but i have no idea where to start or what custom firmware to put on once its rooting.

Please can someone guide me in the right direction.
    Hi and welcome!

Which carrier are you on? That determines which root method I would recommend.

On the Atrix, though, root won't gain you the ability to install custom ROMs. You would need to unlock your bootloader. You can find a good guide on that stickied at the top of the Hacks section.

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I recently started my own threat to help me get new questions answered :P.

Im on t-mobile

How do i go about unlocking the bootloader?

thanks

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopiaEye View Post
    I recently started my own threat to help me get new questions answered :P.

Im on t-mobile

How do i go about unlocking the bootloader?

thanks
    Check out the guide I mentioned above; it spells everything out well.

sent from my MotoXoom via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Cheers for the welcome guys.

Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Hello and welcome to the site! Pre-congrats on the new hardware! Hope you like it as much as we do.

I must caution about that exact link you posted to the theme. That theme was based on AT&T build 4.1.57 or 4.1.83 and is currently outdated (I just added an update to that OP). There might be a new version of it built to load on top of a ROM (most themes are ROM specific), but you might want to browse here for more info: Atrix 4G Themes and Apps - xda-developers

Or, you can always look at the current ROMs at the following link and see if they have any themes included with them that you may like: Atrix 4G Android Development - xda-developers
    das8nt - I did see that was for an older build, but I've got a feeling the phone I've got coming has an older Froyo build on it. T-mobie UK are generally slow with updates ... I'll let you know later
    I've looked at the current ROM's and tbh there aren't any that really grab me. I'm not a huge fan of CM, and no fingerprint rules that out, Redpill seems ok, but I'm not convinced, so I was thinking about keeping relatively stock for now.
    The first thing I'll be installing is CWM recovery ... ROM Racers seems like the version I'll try. I've had CWM recovery and ROM Manager on my hero for years and found both very useful.

I am a little daunted by the techniques used to root/unlock an Atrix though, it seems a lot more complicated than what I've done previously.... So I'll be reading the guides and following them step by step

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So the phones arrived and I'm quite impressed so far. I've not unlocked it or rooted it, for now I'm just going to stay with the stock rom .... until I really hate it or theres an ICS ROM available for it ... I think the former will happen first though.

Anyhoo, I've installed a few of my usual apps and it runs them nice and fast (considerably quicker than my hero). I also remembered about Launchers, so I've installed ADW Launcher to make some home screen tweaks etc, so it looks more like I want, without voiding the warranty in the first hour
    das8nt likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads