Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hello All

This is a discussion on Hello All within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Hello All, Just wanted to introduce myself, started reading your forum a few weeks ago and yesterday successfully rooted and unlocked my Atrix thanks to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By phate73
  • 2 Post By UltraDroid

Thread: Hello All

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Hello All

Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself, started reading your forum a few weeks ago and yesterday successfully rooted and unlocked my Atrix thanks to the informative posts on this website. Looking forward to flashing my first ROM tonight. Was thinking of trying CM7 first. Any suggestions?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Congratulations for getting all that accomplished - and welcome to the forum!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phate73 View Post
    Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself, started reading your forum a few weeks ago and yesterday successfully rooted and unlocked my Atrix thanks to the informative posts on this website. Looking forward to flashing my first ROM tonight. Was thinking of trying CM7 first. Any suggestions?
    Cm7 is pure non-Motorola software as it is the only ATRIX rom built off of pure android rather than Motorola software. Redpill, alien, ninja, and darkside are the other popular ROMs built from MOTOBLUR, although I don't know their current status as I haven't upgraded recently.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Welcome Phate. We're glad you've joined us. I honestly would start off with something like ALIEN ROM w/out the theme (bad experience with the theme) before you go onto CM7. CM7 is way more involved than just flashing a rom. You'll need to make sure you have the latest version of ROMRACER's CWM as well as download the GAPPS file which includes gmail, market and other google information. Without it you won't be able to use those services.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Great, we are glad you joined us. I will go with either the previous two posts just make sure you get the right instructions. As always we need to inform you that by unlocking the bootloader you are voiding the warranty on your device and it is irreversible.

Welcome!

Sent from my TapadaAtrix
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the welcome. I already had gone with CM7 before I saw your replies and everything went very smooth and had no problems flashing gapps. I love it so far, the phone runs much faster, and no more lagging while streaming music which is one of the reasons I wanted to do this. Since the gingerbread update I was experiencing more lag and streaming music was horrible, now it plays perfectly. Only mistake I made was not backing up my personal contacts correctly since there is no motoblur support in cm7. Other than that very happy so far and definately worth the risk!

thekooliest likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    If you use Google Contacts, all of your contact material is stored and will automatically download to a new rom.

-Mike
    RobKort and nalomo like this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Welcome to Atrix Forums!
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phate73 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I already had gone with CM7 before I saw your replies and everything went very smooth and had no problems flashing gapps. I love it so far, the phone runs much faster, and no more lagging while streaming music which is one of the reasons I wanted to do this. Since the gingerbread update I was experiencing more lag and streaming music was horrible, now it plays perfectly. Only mistake I made was not backing up my personal contacts correctly since there is no motoblur support in cm7. Other than that very happy so far and definately worth the risk!

Glad to see you went all out and went with CM7. It's an amazing ROM. I however have issues with the battery and it is keeping me from using it. That and the dialer. lol.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Remove Ads

Ads