Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Long time nokia user finally sees the light

This is a discussion on Long time nokia user finally sees the light within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Hi all, Just a quick thanks for creating such a great resource for the atrix - I barely had the plastic off the phone before ...

Member #
    Twitter
    salinmooch
    Liked
    1 times

Long time nokia user finally sees the light

Hi all,

Just a quick thanks for creating such a great resource for the atrix - I barely had the plastic off the phone before it was rooted and soon after I had the motoblur stuff frozen because of the great repository of knowledge here. This is my first official "smart" phone but I'm a long time user of the n8x0 line of devices running maemo - an device idea before there time and horribly abused by nokia, but I was still sad to watch the beautiful n9 go down in flames. Once I got to accessing the linux inards of the phone I felt right at home!

The atrix is fantastic and I'm excited to eventually try out some custom roms, and hacking webtop so I can at least play around with it but without a dock (whcih I'm sure the forums will tell if that is possible) . One question? Are OTA updates automatic? Can I refuse them automatically or prevent it from auto checking that? I'd rather update when I want to.

Thanks again!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Welcome to the forums d00d! To answer the question about OTA updates, You can choose not to download it, and if you have an app called bloat freezer - and you are rooted (i believe its required that you are rooted, not sure) you can freeze the updater so it doesnt check for updates. As for the ROMS - you will need to unlock your bootloader by following the tutorial that Sam (thekooliest) has written up, which is found in the 'hacks' section. If you have any other questions, or need assistance with anything, dont hesitate to ask!

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Welcome salinmooch, we are glad to have you here with us. You are at the right place for all things Atrix. Please feel free to roam and search our countless threads on all aspects of the Atrix and then some. We have a highly knowledgeable staff here than can help you with any questions you might have. If you don't find what you're looking for, please go ahead and post your question or PM any of our staff members.

As for updating, don't worry about that. You can decide if you want or do not want to update. You normally get a notification with it, although the Atrix is in par with what's outthere. We are not expecting one at least until early next year sometime. When you decide that you are ready to unlock the bootloader and install a custom ROM, our staff have the experience to guide you through every step. But I have to inform you that once you do unlock the bootloader, you will void your warranty and the process is irreversible. I guess the price to pay for freedom. Anyway, we are glad to have you and again, welcome.

Edit/ Beat me to the punch G!

Sent from my TapadaAtrix
    Last edited by RobKort; 11-03-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Sorry Rob

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    It's all good bro!

Sent from my TapadaAtrix
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hi there salinmooch - welcome to Atrix Forums!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

Ads