Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The happiness of freedeom!

This is a discussion on The happiness of freedeom! within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; I finally have my Atrix rooted, bootloader unlocked and carrier unlocked. It feels really good. Once I install a different ROM, I'll feel like I've ...

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

The happiness of freedeom!

I finally have my Atrix rooted, bootloader unlocked and carrier unlocked. It feels really good. Once I install a different ROM, I'll feel like I've been truly set free

How difficult is it to restore apps & data using Titanium backup if I change from Stock 2.3.6 to CM7? I want to avoid having to reload all my apps. Any tips?

Thanks,

Rootshot

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    The difficult part is the change to your internal memory location. Non CM7 builds default to the internal memory mounted through the internal partition. CM7's default will prevent you from restoring apps with Titanium Backup unless you go into the settings and change the default location.

It is important that if you change the storage default that you reboot your phone before you decide to restore any apps.

Personally, I refuse to utilize any CM build at all due to issues i've had using it. But, don't let that keep you from trying it out. It may work awesome for you.

Remove Ads

Ads