Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

rom freedom!

This is a discussion on rom freedom! within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Hey everyone! I'm enjoying my newfound rom freedom as of late thanks to the folks here. I rooted late last summer using the fastboot manual ...

Thread: rom freedom!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

rom freedom!

Hey everyone! I'm enjoying my newfound rom freedom as of late thanks to the folks here. I rooted late last summer using the fastboot manual method (thanks das8nt!) found within this site. I made what tweaks I could but still was not satisfied with the stock rom. When the recent .141 update came around I couldn't stand the hourly update notice. There's probably a way to turn it off but it motivated me to unlock the bootloader and load a rom. I managed to get through that without any problems using the detailed instructions also found within this site. (thanks thekooliest!) Now it's like a new phone! I'm interested in learning more and have heaps of questions so I'll see what answers I can hunt down then ask appropriately. I appreciate the wealth of info/help here and a big thanks to the people developing the roms that keep our phones fresh!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Hi smenes, and glad to see that you're officially posting.

Please feel free to join in on any topic you wish. Our forum is awesome.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Welcome to the forums! Glad s8nt and my tutorials were good enough that you had no problems. Enjoy the "new" phone

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    Welcome to the forums! I'm glad things were a success for you!
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yeah, it took me forever to post. I read more than I post. I try to read others posts and learn from their experiences instead of asking questions that have been answered. Anyway, I'm on day2 with CM7 Ba2tF with no issues to note. I've been trying to get familiar with the new menus and settings. Learning about kernels, checking out other roms and all that fun stuff. See ya'll around!

Remove Ads

Ads