Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

First Visit - Need Help

This is a discussion on First Visit - Need Help within the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Forum category; Hey guys, I'm really searching for some answers. I've tried other sites and haven't really been given the answers. Hopefully you all can help. I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mcordin73

Thread: First Visit - Need Help

Member #
    Twitter
    MIKE_THETEACHER
    Liked
    2 times

First Visit - Need Help

Hey guys, I'm really searching for some answers. I've tried other sites and haven't really been given the answers. Hopefully you all can help. I have a first gen Motorola Atrix 4G. It isn't rooted, manipulated, hell I haven't even side loaded apps (if I can!) I love(d) my phone up until the last month. It started to get finicky, the charging wouldn't quite connect. That got a little better, but certain apps started to need to be "forced close." Then out of the blue, about 2 days ago now it started to show an "error" message under the WIFI. After I clicked the WIFI it processed (didn't do anything,) and rebooted. After rebooting it still didn't work. I did some looking around and decided to a Master Reset(?) and cleaned house. This not only did not help, it made things worse - now after almost anything I do on the phone it reboots. It is basically unusable at this point. Any ideas on what I can do/should do. Thanks for any help.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    What phone carrier and firewire version you have? Have you modified system files/deleted stock apps?

-end of line-
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Twitter
    MIKE_THETEACHER
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    What phone carrier and firewire version you have? Have you modified system files/deleted stock apps?

-end of line-
    Phone carrier is ATT, not sure what "firewire" is, and didn't modify (to my knowledge) any system files or stock apps.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    If you go to settings/about phone, it should say either 2.3.4 (4.5.91) or 2.3.6 (4.5.141)
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Twitter
    MIKE_THETEACHER
    Liked
    2 times
    Android Version: 2.3.6
    Build Number: 4.5.141

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Ok, you need to get familiar with THIS tutorial to get your phone back up and running. If you think that this is way too much for you, your best bet is calling either AT&T or Motorola so they can have a look at your phone. If you do decide to go ahead and do it yourself, you got to make sure you read everything twice and follow the instructions. We are here to help if you have more questions.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Member #
    Twitter
    MIKE_THETEACHER
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    Ok, you need to get familiar with THIS tutorial to get your phone back up and running. If you think that this is way too much for you, your best bet is calling either AT&T or Motorola so they can have a look at your phone. If you do decide to go ahead and do it yourself, you got to make sure you read everything twice and follow the instructions. We are here to help if you have more questions.
    Thank you very much, I will give it a good read and see if I can handle...I'll get back to you in a day or so.

Member #
    Twitter
    MIKE_THETEACHER
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcordin73 View Post
    Thank you very much, I will give it a good read and see if I can handle...I'll get back to you in a day or so.
    Thank you for your help. I looked at the reading, and frankly I just wasn't willing to go for it. I was still under warranty, and after a LARGE ordeal with ATT over the phone I was finally able to go to an ATT Store with device support, and frankly after just a minute the guy said, it's a hardware issue, it's under warranty, lets replace it. All is well that ends well. Thank you for your help, and I will continue to check into this site, as I hope to have this phone for at least another year - fingers crossed!
    ROCer and WERA689 like this.

Remove Ads

Ads