Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Goodbye Android! :(

This is a discussion on Goodbye Android! :( within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Well, in a few days I'm going to be saying goodbye to the android platform and move over to iOS. My Atrix is trashed and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Goodbye Android! :(

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times

Goodbye Android! :(

Well, in a few days I'm going to be saying goodbye to the android platform and move over to iOS. My Atrix is trashed and I was hoping to replace it with the NExus 5, but I will be getting an iPhone 5 instead . The whole reason is I got hired as a senior manager as a new job, and the office is getting me a new phone. They buy iPhones, and though I tried to insist on android, IT said iOS was better for all the business apps (etc). ...sigh... The plus side is I get to cancel my Bell contract and save a bunch of money that way because work is covering this one.

SO yeah...on to the iPhone I go. I haven't played around with the iPhone 5 before, so I don't know what to expect. But I will be hitting the XDA forums on it to see whats up (though I will NOT be jailbreaking it as it is not mine).

Anyway, 'Cheers! Thanks for all the help and the great time on the Atrix!'
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Whoa bro sorry to hear I've enjoyed having you here, please stick around to chat. Sorry I don't think we have any iphone forums though lol. Seriously though, I hope you enjoy your new phone, I am sure you will have another android soon enough.

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    Yeah...I know...and though I remember weeing one on XDA one time, can't find it. :S And thanks! I'll be getting the new Nexus for my wife (I hope so anyway) so that will be exciting.
    Condor97 likes this.
    ~Luke

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Yes I have my eye on the new Nexus too. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    So I'm posting this from my fancy iPhone 5 with iOS 7. All I can really say is:

"I MISS ANDROID PHONES!"

This is way slower and harder to use than an android. And I am pretty jealous as my wife picked up a Galaxy S4 today.

Anyway, I just thought I'd drop in and vent my frustration about missing Google!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ~Luke

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Hey Luke! That's a bummer. Hopefully she'll let you mess with the S4!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lradke View Post
    They buy iPhones, and though I tried to insist on android, IT said iOS was better for all the business apps (etc). ...sigh... The plus side is I get to cancel my Bell contract and save a bunch of money that way because work is covering this one.'
    Sorry to hear you are leaving!

That shows you the ignorance of many IT professionals. If the the POTUS can use an Android phone, then the private sector can too!

iOS isn't that bad. If I got a free iPhone 5, I would take it and use it. I can always have my Android tablet!!

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grenefroggie View Post
    Sorry to hear you are leaving!

That shows you the ignorance of many IT professionals. If the the POTUS can use an Android phone, then the private sector can too!

iOS isn't that bad. If I got a free iPhone 5, I would take it and use it. I can always have my Android tablet!!
    Yeah. The IT group I want the company to go with syncs with all devices because the GM likes blackberry but all his employees use android (plus there is no reason why you can't). It's just the IT guy we contract doesn't like android...bah I'll stop now!

But yeah I can't complain as it's free...and I didn't even think of picking up a tablet! Anyway...I just wanted to say there is a huge difference...but at least iOS 7 is better than 6.

~Luke

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lradke View Post
    Yeah. The IT group I want the company to go with syncs with all devices because the GM likes blackberry but all his employees use android (plus there is no reason why you can't). It's just the IT guy we contract doesn't like android...bah I'll stop now!

But yeah I can't complain as it's free...and I didn't even think of picking up a tablet! Anyway...I just wanted to say there is a huge difference...but at least iOS 7 is better than 6.

For some people... Lol

Apple iOS 7 is sickening users, doctor confirms | Fox News

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Sucks to be stuck with something you don't really like anyhow. Hopefully you're able to get back to the fun side in the future.

Tapped on my S III....
    Lradke likes this.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads