Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Nexus 5

This is a discussion on Nexus 5 within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; This is kinda cool... Nexus 5 Render Delivers Virtual Hands On...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Nexus 5

  1. #11
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    8495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,920
    Liked
    495 times

  2. #12
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    8495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,920
    Liked
    495 times
    Nexus 5 spotted...in a bar lol

    Nexus 5 Video & Photos Show New Nexus in the Wild

  3. #13
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    8495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,920
    Liked
    495 times

  4. #14

  5. #15
    Rescue Squad
    Member #
    7308
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    835
    Liked
    231 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MJPollard View Post
    1. Removable battery.
    2. MicroSD card slot.
    3. Unlockable bootloader.

    If any of those are missing, this hypothetical Nexus 5 is instantly off my radar.
    Nexus devices are more or less guaranteed to not have a microSD slot.

    Nexus devices are more or less guaranteed to have an unlockable bootloader.

    The removable battery (for me, mind you) is trivial. On most devices there is a hardware trigger that will completely power down the device regardless of what state the phone is in. If you want a higher capacity battery, then that is one reason to have a removable battery. If you kill the battery, you can always take the phone apart to replace it.

    I like having a removable battery, but it is no longer a requirement for me as I don't pull my battery nearly as much as I used to.

  6. #16
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    8495
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,920
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grenefroggie View Post
    Nexus devices are more or less guaranteed to not have a microSD slot.

    Nexus devices are more or less guaranteed to have an unlockable bootloader.

    The removable battery (for me, mind you) is trivial. On most devices there is a hardware trigger that will completely power down the device regardless of what state the phone is in. If you want a higher capacity battery, then that is one reason to have a removable battery. If you kill the battery, you can always take the phone apart to replace it.

    I like having a removable battery, but it is no longer a requirement for me as I don't pull my battery nearly as much as I used to.
    I'm with you on the removable battery. Good to know that it can be replaced. Speaking of battery, it sounds like the battery is only 2300 mAH from the FCC filings. Hopefully they are looking at something bigger.

    Here's a pretty good summary article if anyone wants to catch up on things....

    Nexus 5 Breakdown: Everything We Know So Far

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Member #
    12844
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    291
    Twitter
    @Djedgarftw
    Liked
    26 times
    I will be getting the nexus 5 I think all I want is an unlockable bootloader that's all I need and look for in a nexus

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Atrix Nottach Trix 4G 1.30

  8. #18
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    21
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    not arizona
    Posts
    4,305
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    I'm more interested in the LTE aspect of it than storage or a removable battery.

    As far as the battery is concerned, I rarely find myself removing the one from my S3. For storage, I typically use the cloud. I'm not too worried about either one of those.

    ^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

    fin.


  9. #19
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1002
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio - The North Coast!
    Posts
    18,231
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nalomo View Post
    I'm more interested in the LTE aspect of it than storage or a removable battery.

    As far as the battery is concerned, I rarely find myself removing the one from my S3. For storage, I typically use the cloud. I'm not too worried about either one of those.
    Nalo, aren't you using Verizon these days? I wouldn't hold my breath for anything bearing the name of Nexus to appear on Verizon's network. Extremely bad blood between Verizon and Google, and Google does carry a grudge.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 09-22-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom






  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Member #
    12844
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    291
    Twitter
    @Djedgarftw
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Nalo, aren't you using Verizon these days? I wouldn't hold my breath for anything bearing the name of Nexus to appear on Verizon's network. Extremely bad blood between Verizon and Samsung, and Samsung does carry a grudge.
    But if Motorola makes it I bet it will be on the Verizon shelfs

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Atrix Nottach Trix 4G 1.30


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 09:44 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 11:13 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 07:26 PM
  4. Nexus S wallpaper
    By stenberg13 in forum Motorola Atrix Graphics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 10:24 AM