Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Flashoholics Unite

This is a discussion on Flashoholics Unite within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; I got the idea for this thread from the Flashoholics thread on the S3 forums. I thought I would start a similar thread up here ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Flashoholics Unite

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times

Flashoholics Unite

I got the idea for this thread from the Flashoholics thread on the S3 forums. I thought I would start a similar thread up here to give a place for people to talk about what they are flashing these days. It is an open invite to all members, old and new, to share their experience regardless of device you are on. If you own a phone, and enjoy flashing roms/modding/etc., please post here. And if you don't, and fall into any other category, please post here as well!

So....What are people running/flashing these days?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    For quite some time, I have been running a rom called C-Rom on my S3. While waiting for the most recent update, I decided to flash a few roms inbetween. First one I tried was PA. Then Liquid Smooth, and now I am running Gummy.

Just a couple of thoughts on PA. The biggest surprise for me was that it is almost like straight stock, with the added features of Peek and Hover. Seriously, I think this is one of the most paired down roms I have tried. The theme engine really makes the rom a lot nicer. I like my phone blacked out. Between inverted gapps and a nice dark theme it really helps the rom. There is no customization to the rom (at all). This is kind of annoying, but it does offer a nice simplicity. Speed and smoothness seem pretty good. Definitely improved over the last time I tried the rom.

Liquid Smooth was preety nice. Tons of features, including Hover, and very fast and responsive. Nothing to complain about. Gummy is pretty nice too. So far I have had a couple bugs with active display and in call volume, but nothing too major. I like Gummy's style. They kept the holo blue which I have missed since the war on blue ensued with advent of kit kat.

Last edited by Condor97; 06-13-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Just a little update... All is running smoothly. I have found that I can't adjust volume during call(stays loud). That seems to be it, not bad at all.

I love blue!!!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Thought I would share a cool little feature from C-Rom. It it's called app wheel...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Here is another clip to show some of the features on C-Rom. Probably the most customizable Rom I have run...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Upgrading Nexus 7 to 4.4.3(stock). Gonna have to suffice for today looks like. Currently on Liquid Smooth on my S3, (im)patiently awaiting the new C-Rom.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    I have been looking for something different to flash the last couple days. Flashed three roms yesterday. First one had some issues, second one I had flashed previously and was wanting something different. The third one was a charm. It is called Vanir. I had run it before back when it was on 4.3. I didn't know it was still around but apparently they have been putting out D2LTE nightlies for some time now through their G+ community. I am on the 7/1 nightly and it is running smoothly. Very nice rom.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    TWRP (2.7.1.0)now supports screenshots in recovery. Of course I can't seem to post pics from tapatalk so it doesn't matter lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    They appear to be making changes in the underlying program that the various forums use. As for TapaTalk, I use v2 and have no problems doing moderating on the forums. The folks using v4 seem to have encountered some problems though. If it persists, send Jeffrey a PM and he can look into it.
    Condor97 likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    They appear to be making changes in the underlying program that the various forums use. As for TapaTalk, I use v2 and have no problems doing moderating on the forums. The folks using v4 seem to have encountered some problems though. If it persists, send Jeffrey a PM and he can look into it.
    Ah ok that makes sense thanks. Everything works for me except posting pictures. Maybe I will try the other version.

Edit: Tried it and still no luck. I am sure they will come out with a fix sooner or later, at least it's not just me.
    Last edited by Condor97; 07-05-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads