Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Half-Goodbye

This is a discussion on Half-Goodbye within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; Hey guys, I really hate to do this..but my new Galaxy Nexus has come. And it's time for me to put some time into that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Half-Goodbye

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times

Half-Goodbye

Hey guys,

I really hate to do this..but my new Galaxy Nexus has come. And it's time for me to put some time into that device and hopefully end up with a few applications and maybe a couple ROMs. This has been my plan for a while..and I finally ended up purchasing one (now just to sell my ATRIX to fill that hole in my pocket). I will probably pop in and out just as das8nt does...and hopefully when my schedule frees up this summer I can be a more frequent member, because I really do love the community here. I am hoping the sister Galaxy Nexus site is just as fun..but that is a lot to ask for. You guys have given me a great year with my first Android device. And I love everything I have learned and able to give back. Still feel free to PM me if you have problems (this will send me an email), or just to ask for contact info. I'll be more than glad to help where I can. Just may not be as frequent as a Rescue Squad member as I have been. I will miss you guys.

On a sad note..I think my Power Supply crapped out in my recent overheat. I am deciding if its worth replacing, or maybe its time to build my power computer. On a happy note...this Galaxy Nexus is a freaking awesome new toy!!!!

-Sam

P.S. This really isn't a complete goodbye..just when my schedule gets busy, these forums may drop off the radar for some time.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Enjoy the new phone! I hope everything works out for you, Sam!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    thekooliest, nalomo and RobKort like this.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    I've never had the pleasure of seeking your help, but I'm still sad to see you go. Enjoy the Nexus
    G-Man, nalomo and RobKort like this.

Done with this.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I've been dreading this post, though I knew it was coming.

I know we'll all eventually move on to other devices, or other priorities in life, but we'll always be a part of the Atrix Forums family. You, Sam, have been a big part of it and you'll be missed greatly.

Enjoy your new toy, and be sure to keep us up on your future development; knowing you as much as I do, I'm sure whatever it is you set out to accomplish will end up being top notch.

Be sure to stop in when you can, and good luck with everything.

Sent from my Unlocked/Rooted/Stock Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    You are leaving but not really gone. Since I have gotten my Skyrocket I find I have been spending equal time between the two forums and I also am trolling around the HTC One forum spreading my vast opinion there. But I also save my forum browsing for times when normal people are sleeping. I am 27 going on 50...I sleep at night a few hours, then find a nice cozy place 150ft off the ground in between hanging antennas catching a cat nap. It's a wonder I haven't passed out from exhaustion, but my body seems to agree with it. Anyway....don't be a stranger. And summer is no time to be spending sitting in front of your computer!!! Get some sun!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Sam, I wish you the best with that SUPER phone! I'm very jealous!

Keep in touch, my friend!
    thekooliest, nalomo and RobKort like this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    I will take this opportunity to thank Sam once again for holding my hand through root, unlock and the flashing of the hybrid. Thank you Sam! Enjoy your sweet new phone.

Tapped from Chris's OG Atrix running Dorian's hybrid!
    G-Man, thekooliest, das8nt and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    I've been to dozens and dozens of message boards, and this is probably the friendliest community I've come across. I've learned so many cool things here because of it and I never hesitated to ask the noobiest of queztions. Unfortunately and fortunately though we are all going to have our day where we move on to the next cool toy (my upgrade is in June) but it shouldn't take away the great memories that was had here.

But going back to the kooliest, it was your tutorial for unlocking the bootloader that I got into ROMs in the first place. And because of that it has really changed the way I use and enjoy smartphones. I constantly find myself looking for updates, surfing through god knows how many web sites on ways to maximize my android experience. I will always remember you for being that dude that helped me overcome my fear of ROM flashing so that I could truly experience the awesomeness of an Android phone. I know this all sounds corny but I just wanted to let you know your contributions were really appreciated
    G-Man, thekooliest, das8nt and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    Hey Sam! Thanks for helping me unlock my bootloader back in the fall! It was late and you helped me out with everything! And I believe learned how to do the fastboot ram fix too that night. Thanks for opening the door to unlimited potential with my phone. Drop by to say hi every now and then, but most importantly...enjoy the new phone!

Cheers!

Tapa'd on NottachTrix 1.2.7!
    G-Man, thekooliest, das8nt and 2 others like this.
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Sam, I've really enoyed our conversations. brief as they may have been.... You are a remarkably talented individual, and whatever you set your mind to, you're going to acheive great things my friend. You are very knowledgable, and more importantly - you have amazing people skills. You have a remarkable talent to help those in need. You have the patience of a saint. Please stop in from time to time, and say hello! I'm glad you have a new shiny thing to play with! I hope your ROM endeavors treat you well (as I'm sure they will). Until next time friend! Take care

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads