Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[OPINION]It's all about the TB's...Lungbender, this one is for you

This is a discussion on [OPINION]It's all about the TB's...Lungbender, this one is for you within the Off-Topic Forum forums, part of the Off-Topic Area category; MJ: I completely agree. There is no replacement for your hard drive when it comes to security. I really don't have much that I would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [OPINION]It's all about the TB's...Lungbender, this one is for you

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    MJ:

I completely agree. There is no replacement for your hard drive when it comes to security. I really don't have much that I would be desperate about if I lost my computer. However, there are a few things that I do have, and those things are what I would keep in the cloud. The only reason being: If my house burns down, and I lose my NAS and my computer, I would be hard pressed to recover what I do need. On the flip side, if the house doesn't burn down, the company I host it with could become compromised and I lose it and it gets in to someone else's hands.

I do know people that get paper statements and still write checks. They don't have debit cards and don't do banking online. Their computers are merely a means of communication in a world where you can't be certain if the post office will get your mail to wherever it may be going.

Lungbender:

Hit me up on GChat when you get a chance you pirate you. I have something you might already know about, but if you don't, you will be rather impressed I think!

Dorian:

I didn't know Amazon offered the services they do up until about two years ago. When I found out, I was rather impressed. I don't use any of their services other than the actual site to purchase things, and that for the longest time is what I thought Amazon was about.

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grenefroggie View Post
    I didn't know Amazon offered the services they do up until about two years ago. When I found out, I was rather impressed. I don't use any of their services other than the actual site to purchase things, and that for the longest time is what I thought Amazon was about.
    Yea, they're kind of a transparent services company that just happens to also have a little web-store.

The thing that a lot of people don't realize is how deep AWS goes. You have AWS as a base layer, with companies offering services on top of AWS, which kind of obscures Amazon's side of things. So when you theorize getting rid of AWS, you have a LOT of companies out there that would immediately be useless, then their customers and their customer's customers... and so on. Plus AWS OWNS HP-C for cluster computing in the cloud.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    -I don't mean to come off as a software thief when I use the term pirate. It just seems an appropriate term, as one can seeming float in a vast ocean of wealth, and grab whatever data that one may find useful. I am a huge of file/data SHARING, not THEFT! I just wanted to make that clear to anyone who might mistakenly misinterperate my post above. In other words; if it's free, it's me!
    WERA689 and UltraDroid like this.
    ""From my cold, dead hands!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads