Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix firmware updates (UK)

This is a discussion on Atrix firmware updates (UK) within the Orange (UK) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; Howdy All, I know it is not the be all and end all, but does anyone have any idea when (if) the UK will get ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Atrix firmware updates (UK)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Atrix firmware updates (UK)

Howdy All,

I know it is not the be all and end all, but does anyone have any idea when (if) the UK will get firmware updates to improve functionality of the phone, specifically regarding dropped calls and the wifi performance.

It appears that AT&T users in the US have had at least 2 updates since release, and we in the UK have had none and the phone was released on a much earlier firmware.

I do not wish to root, I do not wish to install custom roms to improve performance, I would just appreciate some decent support for the phone outside of the US.

Anyone have any more information?

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Nothing has been circulating about the Euro version im sorry to tell u. However if u wanna improve performance try Launcher Pro, or another Launcher App, it worked miracles for the speed of my phone. As for Wifi mine was perfectly fine before i even applied the updates, and dropped calls has to do with ur provider not the phone (unless u were unlucky enough to get a defective version) so u should probably give them a call.

Sorry if i wasn't much help, but im sure once there is a Euro update coming (hopefully its soon, Gingerbread should be coming to us soon) it will be on the front page for all to see.

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien1592 View Post
    Nothing has been circulating about the Euro version im sorry to tell u. However if u wanna improve performance try Launcher Pro, or another Launcher App, it worked miracles for the speed of my phone. As for Wifi mine was perfectly fine before i even applied the updates, and dropped calls has to do with ur provider not the phone (unless u were unlucky enough to get a defective version) so u should probably give them a call.

Sorry if i wasn't much help, but im sure once there is a Euro update coming (hopefully its soon, Gingerbread should be coming to us soon) it will be on the front page for all to see.
    How does Launcher Pro speed your phone up? I've been curious about it but was hesitant to try since I figured another app in the background would just slow the phone down, and that seemed to be what I was hearing from others (though lots of benefits aside from that).

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    If you remove any motoblur widgets that pull information (facebook, email etc) from your standard homepages and then install launcher pro, you will notice slightly more configurability and that the widgets LP uses seem to have a slightly smaller footprint - so the phone can run a bit quicker. It is all subjective of course.

Ultimately LP gives you the ability to configure the look and feel of the homepages more than motoblur does.

I use it, and much prefer the functionality it gives me, even though I recognise there is not much of a difference

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbombjack View Post
    Howdy All,

I know it is not the be all and end all, but does anyone have any idea when (if) the UK will get firmware updates to improve functionality of the phone, specifically regarding dropped calls and the wifi performance.

It appears that AT&T users in the US have had at least 2 updates since release, and we in the UK have had none and the phone was released on a much earlier firmware.

I do not wish to root, I do not wish to install custom roms to improve performance, I would just appreciate some decent support for the phone outside of the US.

Anyone have any more information?

Thanks

I spoke to a very nice lady (well she was a geordie) at Orange UK and I asked her more or less the same question. She spent ages going through all they had on the Atrix and finally came up with the answer I didn't want. They have not been notified of any immanent updates for the Atrix. The one crumb of comfort she gave was "Well if it is supposed to come in July it could be as much as five weeks away so there was still time for them to be told about it".

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    I'll will say that if there is a update coming to the US in July, espect one to come the the Euro version of the device to follow. After all is Motorola who has to work on the software and taylor it to the device. It would just not make sense that they will just update one region. Of course, I am only speculating here.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Ok ill do you all a little favor and email my Level 1 Orange Tech Sup Developer, he works on the android updates for the Orange handsets, when the Atrix came out on Orange he was the one who told me that they are given 4-6 weeks from a new Android update release by the handset manufacturer to test the update and then to add the Orange apps that come as standard and see if any Orange tweaks need to be made.

I'll email him now and will give an update when i find out, likely to be similar to Sandiman at the moment.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Performed a manual update today, and there is a 40mb OTA download available

The changes are thus

System Version
    Before: 4.1.31.MB860.Orange.en.GB
    After: 4.4.20.MB860.Orange.en.GB

Firmware Version
    Before: 2.2.2
    After: 2.2.2

Baseband Version
    Before: N_01.86.00R
    After: N_01.95.00R

Webtop Version
    Before: OSHWT_U1_6.34.0
    After: OSHWT_U1.6.61.6

Kernel Version
    Before: 2.6.32.9
    After: 2.6.32.9

Build Number
    Before: OLYEM_U4_1.3.1
    After: OLYEM_U4_4.2.1

Software update for Motorola ATRIX(tm) (4.1.31
    Sandiman likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jsbombjack View Post
    Performed a manual update today, and there is a 40mb OTA download available

The changes are thus

System Version
    Before: 4.1.31.MB860.Orange.en.GB
    After: 4.4.20.MB860.Orange.en.GB

Firmware Version
    Before: 2.2.2
    After: 2.2.2

Baseband Version
    Before: N_01.86.00R
    After: N_01.95_00R

Webtop Version
    Before: OSHWT_U1_6.34.0
    After: OSHWT_U1.6.61.6

Kernel Version
    Before: 2.6.32.9
    After: 2.6.32.9

Build Number
    Before: OLYEM_U4_1.3.1
    After: OLYEM_U4_4.2.1

Software update for Motorola ATRIX(tm) (4.1.31

Hey nice one jsbombjack it took quite a while to d/load and install but it is now up and running just as you said.

In addition mine has APflex version which I'M sure was not there before.

Getting the update gives a nice warm feeling as if you are not forgotten by Orange.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Ha ha, yeah, something like that

The main thing is that it actually came out, worked, and did not bork things. It also did not introduce any more Orange crapware

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads