Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to revert Atrix back to Stock ROM

This is a discussion on How to revert Atrix back to Stock ROM within the Orange (UK) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; Hi Guys and girls, I have put together this guide to help anyone who decides to install a custom ROM (Like i did), but dislikes ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: How to revert Atrix back to Stock ROM

Member #
    Liked
    76 times

How to revert Atrix back to Stock ROM

Hi Guys and girls,
    I have put together this guide to help anyone who decides to install a custom ROM (Like i did), but dislikes it or finds issues and wants to revert the phone back to stock again.

I recently installed 'Gingerblur' and had issues with:
    GPS dropping signal frequently
    Security functions not working at all
    Dialpad not responding when used during a call
    Refused to set date to UK format (DD/MM/YY)
    Work and play dock not displaying screens as it should
    Tricked phone into thinking it was a AT&T handset (My handset is on Orange UK)
    And a few other niggles.

Please note, I am not saying that everyone will experience all or any of these faults, but I had them and it ruined the enjoyment of the phone.

Ok, so here is a list of what you will need:

Up to date drivers
    USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
    RSDlite 5.3.1
    RSDLite5.3.1.msi
    7-zip
    7-Zip
    Correct Orange SBF file (Select correct ROM for your network)
    Atrix Firmwares Superthread (Official Firmware Team of M3) - xda-developers

And you will need the USB lead that came with your handset to guarantee compatability.

Once you have installed the programs above, download your SBF file to a location you can find it on your hard drive.

Once the SBF file is downloaded, open 7-zip and locate the SBF file (name will read something like OLYEM_xxxxxxxxxx.sbf) and extract it to your desktop.

Open RSDlite and select the extracted file, and the 'file properties' box on the right will display all the details about the file.

Turn off your handset (or pull the battery) and press the UP volume button and POWER button together, and hold them both until the phone displays 'Starting RSD protocol support'

Connect the handset to your computer using the USB lead, and the RSDlite should display your handset details.
    It will either read 'NS olympus' or 'SE olympus'. This is fine, and is evidence that the phone is recognised.

On the RSDlite program, click 'Start' and find something to do for 15 mins.

The SBF flash will go through a number of sequences, and your handset will go on and off as the files are written. You may also hear the PC making the connected/disconnected noises for the USB, but ignore them. Don't mistakenly disconnect the handset or you could brick it.

At the end of the process, you will notice that the phone is turned OFF, and RSDlite is instructing you to manually turn the handset on.
    Turn it on and it should look the same as it did when you turned it on for the first time.

Please remember.... you are fully responsible for any changes you make to your phone's firmware, and I am only offering a guide to help, not a guarantee that it will help. This is a condensed version of the help I received from das8nt, and it worked for me.

If this has helped you in any way, then please feel free to click on the 'like' button.

Thanks,

Dave
    ROCer, Encore, jaideep and 2 others like this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    This should be added to a series of *how to revert list*. My question been, does this really work with all versions of the Atrix from the different carriers? If not we should add the fixes for all carriers in one thread. Just saying, but I could be wrong.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    This should be added to a series of *how to revert list*. My question been, does this really work with all versions of the Atrix from the different carriers? If not we should add the fixes for all carriers in one thread. Just saying, but I could be wrong.
    As long as you grab the correct sbf from that link it will work just fine

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Nice job, Dave! Looks good and complete!

There are still a few Atrix versions that have not been leaked as of now, like Bell Canada or the unlocked Chinese 2.2, but there are quite a few on that list. Be sure to grab the file marked as "Full", as the Service will only attempt to update your files and not complete overwrite them, still leaving you with most of your issues prior to flashing.

Sent via rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    Unfortunately I can only post details of my own experience, and as my handset is on Orange, I stuck it in this section because i know it works.
    If this is a good enough guide to help people on all carriers, then i would be happy to see it moved to a more appropriate place where it will reach a wider audience. The title was one of the many phrases i used in a google search, so it may prove quite useful for anyone searching the same phrase, so that could cover a large number of users.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyonthemove View Post
    Unfortunately I can only post details of my own experience, and as my handset is on Orange, I stuck it in this section because i know it works.
    If this is a good enough guide to help people on all carriers, then i would be happy to see it moved to a more appropriate place where it will reach a wider audience. The title was one of the many phrases i used in a google search, so it may prove quite useful for anyone searching the same phrase, so that could cover a large number of users.
    This is a great guide for all Atrix versions, except only for the Orange carrier name when choosing the correct SBF. If you would like to modify it to be general, just instructing the reader to just choose the correct ROM for their carrier, I would be happy to move it to the Help section and Sticky it.

I'll leave that up to you how you'd like it to be used.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    +1 worked for me, and I'm not all that great with this kinda stuff. ha.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I'm glad it helped you out
    Spreading the Android word across the UK with the help of my Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Just wanted to say Thank you. Your directions were easy to follow. I was running Gingerblur went straight to 4.5.91 US (new Gingerbread) in one flash!
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    No problem, I'm glad my guide was helpful. I wouldn't have been able to put it together without the help i received from the forum, so i thought it was only fair that i do my bit and give something back.
    Enjoy your GingerBread, and think of poor little me waiting for a UK release
    WERA689 likes this.
    Spreading the Android word across the UK with the help of my Atrix

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads