Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Has anyone who has an Orange UK Atrix tried one of the Custom ROMs?

This is a discussion on Has anyone who has an Orange UK Atrix tried one of the Custom ROMs? within the Orange (UK) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; Please could you tell me which ones you've tried and which ones you think are the best for an Orange UK Atrix? Thanks Everyone...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Has anyone who has an Orange UK Atrix tried one of the Custom ROMs?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Has anyone who has an Orange UK Atrix tried one of the Custom ROMs?

Please could you tell me which ones you've tried and which ones you think are the best for an Orange UK Atrix?

Thanks Everyone

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I'm on AT&T, but CherryBlur is based off International (Bell I think) Gingerbread so it may work better for you. I think any ROM should work you just have to find and flash the appropriate kernel for International afterwards.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I tried Gingerblur and had isues with it, so installed Gingergrey over it.
    Both ROM's made my phone work very badly.
    Some of my problems were:

Home button refused to work
    GPS was awful. Rarely worked and dropped signal far too often
    Google navigation was English US (Roundabouts were called traffic circles). Very frustrating.
    Finger print scanner refused to work
    Security PIN and pattern refused to work
    All internet settings went missing so I could not connect to GPRS or send/receive picture messages

I had other problems too, mostly motorblur related.
    If you are going to install a custom ROM, make sure its not developed around ATT&T US like the ones i tried, otherwise you will have to re-install the files from scratch, and its a painful process (Thats why i made a guide).

I'm now going to wait for GB to be released, or ICS if that arrives first (if at all).
    I can see the benefit of a custom ROM, but for me it's not the option i'm looking at again.

Hope that helps.
    Spreading the Android word across the UK with the help of my Atrix

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Guys - i need some more info - i want to see if anyone else has actually flashed a custom ROM and it's worked etc?

Member #
    Twitter
    kikkawaryu
    Liked
    9 times
    Hi, everyone just i thought here if you put an unbranded stock rom on your phone then installed a custom rom would that work? also i think its unfair that the rest of the world have many roms available but we seem to be stuck with stock/rooted.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I wouldn't like to say if it would work or not.
    I'd much rather have an unbranded version of Froyo installed as I would probably get Gingerbread a lot faster (and ICS if it arrives).

Member #
    Twitter
    kikkawaryu
    Liked
    9 times
    same i want to get an unbranded version to try it out.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I keep thinking that i could try one of the many custom rom's available but i keep reading about some people having issues installing it, or problems after instillation.
    I'm not prepared to risk it again.
    I must admit though, that this prolonged release of an update is getting beyond a joke now. The phone should have been released with the latest firmware to begin with, and i probably would have thought differently about the Atrix if I had known how long it is taking.
    Just for reference, here is a thread on Motorola's forum that has had a massive amount of views and posts from fed up Atrix owners, and very little feedback from Motorola staff.
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/54635?start=0&tstart=0

H
    ardly surprising that people are prepared to void their warranty and install a custom ROM, or in some cases sell their handsets and buy something else.

Member #
    Twitter
    kikkawaryu
    Liked
    9 times
    Seeing as the bell webtop files works for uk orange, if anyone is willing to try id suggest finding some bell custom roms (if available ) and using them to put a custom rom/s on your phone. Hope this helps. :P
    daveyonthemove likes this.
    Just a nerd whom likes to help people if they need it, so if i post something that helps, likes are welcome

Member #
    Twitter
    kikkawaryu
    Liked
    9 times
    hey everyone, i think ive finally got it ;D after being up all night (literally haha) ive been able to run custom roms on my Orange Uk Atrix i had to reflash back to stock 2.2.2 which means losing root and everything but back ups helped that :P i then had to run another sbf flash file through my phone to enable the bootloader to unlock. If anyone would like me to post a guied on how to Unlock your Orange UK Bootloader/root your phone and then install a custom rom i will gladly do it ^_^ here to help you guys.
    Just a nerd whom likes to help people if they need it, so if i post something that helps, likes are welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads