Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix shuting down randomly after every 15-20 minutes.

This is a discussion on Atrix shuting down randomly after every 15-20 minutes. within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi Guys, i have been using a Atrix for nearly about 2 years now without any issues. Recently, my phone has started to shutdown on ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Condor97

Thread: Atrix shuting down randomly after every 15-20 minutes.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Atrix shuting down randomly after every 15-20 minutes.

Hi Guys,
    i have been using a Atrix for nearly about 2 years now without any issues.
    Recently, my phone has started to shutdown on its own when its idle/sleep state. I relaize it only when i click the unclock button and then it starts up again.
    I have done a factory reset for the phone(but without erasing the internal memory) but it that dint help either.
    I thought it might be because it is syncing some data from the net which might overload the phone and caused it to restart. But even if the wifi/net connection is not active it is still switching off on its own.

Could you guys please suggest a way forward? I am new to rooting my phone etc so would appreciate if you could provide the link to do the same.
    Or should i just do a factory reset by deleting all the data?
    I have never erased any data i.e pictures etc from my phone since i brought it since i have a 32 gb card in it i never felt running out of space.

I have checked the running apps as well and can see no issues with memory/space as well.

I have not touched/rooted the phone. The phone detials is as follows:

System Version:
    4.5.145.MB860.ATT.en.US

Android:

Webtop Version:
    WT-1.2.0-110_OLY-6

Kernel Version:
    hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid48 #2

Build Version:
    4.5.1A-129_OLY-145

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    I think a factory reset might be the way to go, though it may or may not work. If you do a factory reset, make sure you back up your files on your pc. The other thing you might do is remove/replace your micro sd card. If the memory is corrupted it may be part of the problem. You might also try a new sim card. I had alot of problems with BSOD's (black screen of death) and the problems stopped when I put a new sim in. That is a long shot, but it is worth a try.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your comments... :-)
    can i also take a backup of my application data like whatsapp and safenotes on the pc and later recover the data by installing the applications again?
    or is it better to delete all the application data and start afresh?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Sure thing. I have no experience on backing up data via computer. I am sure someone has figured it out somewhere though.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey,
    over the past 2 days have performed all the actions possible but still no luck :-(
    i have formatted the phone, removed the memory card and changed the SIM card as well but it is still shutting down randomly.. any other suggestions that could help?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    Sorry to hear. I am not sure what else you could do... Maybe reflash stock via rsdlite? Maybe someone else has and idea....

Edit: Are you under warranty? Even if you aren't you could send it in to Motorola for repair. If either of those are an option, there is the option of unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom rom if you want to go that route.
    Last edited by Condor97; 09-01-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey thanks for the reply.. :-)Im not under warranty and don't have an option to send it to Motorola service either because this phone never launched in india. :-(The only option is to go.with the bootloader option.. can u give me the steps to.do so or a URL as I dont know how to do that... I have a AT&T phone.. so have all AT&T apps preloaded.. please let me know how to proceed.. :-)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    [TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs

This may or may not help your problem any. Your phone should really be looked at by a technician. Please understand that this is a very risky process. It should only be done after doing a LOT of reading and research. Also, you should not do it if you are not comfortable with hacking your phone. You will need to be prepared to do a fair amount of trouble shooting and have the ability/patience to live with bugs. I would only do this if you have the desire to experiment with custom roms, or as a last resort if nothing else works. I would approach with much caution.

Also read around here....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=994
    Last edited by Condor97; 09-04-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    UltraDroid likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    I should have asked this before... Have you done any modifications to your phone?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 4

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Nope.. no modifications done.
    One thing which i have noticed is that it never switches off while charging the phone. Even if it is connected to the charger for 2-3 days, it did not switch off even once.

Remove Ads

Ads