Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix 4G got locked and unable to unlock/flash sbf.. Please help

This is a discussion on Atrix 4G got locked and unable to unlock/flash sbf.. Please help within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi Atrix Team, I am new to this community and I see you folks are helping others very well and thus i am hoping i ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By G-Man

Thread: Atrix 4G got locked and unable to unlock/flash sbf.. Please help

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Atrix 4G got locked and unable to unlock/flash sbf.. Please help

Hi Atrix Team,

I am new to this community and I see you folks are helping others very well and thus i am hoping i can get help for my problem here.

I have a AT & T Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860) mobile which my sister used long back. Later due to touch screen not working well, it remained unused for some 6months or so. Recently, i got the touch screen replaced but forgot the PIN. After some 5 retries, it started showing "Multiple pin retries.. Please give gmail and password". We donot remember exact username and password as well but even i try with multiple account it doesnt login. Majorly i guess that is due to wifi/data not being on inside phone.

Having said that, I tried to factory reset the phone which again failed .. On searching over Google, i see doing vol down + power button should show fastboot etc options where we can goto recovery and do factory reset from there. But on my phone when i do vol down/up/both + power button, it shows "unlocked" text at top left and then "starting RSD protocol support" message. I could not enter factory reset mode ..

After multiple tries and searching i could not figure way to enter factory reset mode where i can wipe data/cache. Then while searching i found we can flash SBF files using RSD lite. I thought to try flashing stock sbf file which would freshly flash the phone.

Since i donot know what is the android version inside/whether its stock ROM or custom ROM, i started with latest stock SBF that i could find and tried flashing with RSD lite. I tried using 1FF-olympus-user-2.3.6-4.5.1A-129_OLY-145-4-release-keys-signed-ATT-US-GAS_NA_OLPSGBATTSPE_P012.zip

• It tried to reach 100% couple of times, then screen came to lock screen and the tool indicated "please manually reboot the phone" message.
    • I tried to manually reboot phone (once without holding vol down and once with holding vol down).
    • When i rebooted with vol down holding, then RSD lite indicated "PASS" status.
    • Now i am not seeing "unlocked" message when phone bootsup at top left. Seems it got locked again due to flashing stock sbf.
    • Also, when i rebooted the phone, it still struck at same lock screen where it asks for Gmail username, password .

I am out of all ideas and not sure whether should i try any Custom ROM and which one will be better if so. Or should i try stock ROM itself.
    Also i am from India and the phone is AT&T. So, if i load stock rom, will it again lock the phone? can i unlock again? i am not sure.

Kindly, help me which is best option to go forward and also help me with which ROM will be better and steps. I am pissed off searching over Google where i am getting confused and confused.

Appreciate the help in advance.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Im not a technician, but I'm going to see if I can get someone to give you a hand on this. Hang in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Have you tried entering recovery mode, and factory resetting after you flashed the .sbf file?? To get into recovery mode - press and hold Power + Vol Down buttons together (dont remember how long, may be up to 20-30 sec.) Also - How long did you let the phone sit after flashing and booting? Sometimes there is still a lot going on in the backround that hogs system resources and makes the device 'lock up' - Its usually good practice to let it sit for 10-15 mins after it boots to homescreen/initial setup screen before trying to do anything.
    Last edited by G-Man; 08-28-2016 at 06:01 PM.
    UltraDroid likes this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks G-Man and UltraDroid for trying to help.

Yes, i tried to get into recovery mode after flashing. Its immediately showing "Starting RSD Protocol support" and not going any further. I tried holding various combinations like (power + vol-) or (power + vol+) or (power + vol+ + vol-) all of them enters into RSD protocol support only, not sure why that happens only with my phone, while many folks on web indicate they will see "fastboot" on doing that.

I waited till the RSD tool indicated "manually reboot the phone" and when i saw that message, i rebooted the phone to RSD protocol screen. It shows this message after it makes phone boot to lock screen. Not sure if i should wait for some 10mins when it showed "manually reboot the phone" message. Please let me know if you want me to try that still.

Also after flashing sbf, is it expected to reach lock screen? Why could it not format and flash the phone and still showing the Glink user details lock screen. Any idea?

Should i try with any custom rom to not get the gmail login screen? Please let me know.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

Can someone let me know how should i proceed?

Regards

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It seems nobody is helping.. Do you think i can still expect or is it due to MB860 is too old to recall all the steps.. Please let me know.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Finally able to cross the gmail login screen issue.. Just wanted to share with others if anybody needs help.

From fastboot i am able to erase all the partitions like userdata, cache etc..

Previously i forgot that from fastboot we can do erase of partitions and always trying to enter recovery..

After checking this thread Motorola Atrix Fastboot Tool | Motorola Atrix 4G, i got the idea..

Though i am not able to enter recovery, from adb shell, i typed adb reboot bootloader and it enters fastboot for me.

From fastboot, gave commands like:

fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata

One mistake i did is i erased all partitions including system, boot which erased whole system. I should have erased only cache, userdata.

Anyways now i flased Olympus 2.3.6 sbf and currently able to use phone a bit, though there are wifi problems. WIll check that further.

Thanks
    Anil

Remove Ads

Ads