Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How To Ask Help From the Rescue Squad

This is a discussion on How To Ask Help From the Rescue Squad within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; So what's the difference between the Help section and the Rescue Squad? Kinda like DrioDIY was saying, there's plenty of help wherever you post....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: How To Ask Help From the Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    So what's the difference between the Help section and the Rescue Squad? Kinda like DrioDIY was saying, there's plenty of help wherever you post.
    The human brain is amazing. It starts as soon as you wake up and stops as soon as you get work.
    "There's no 'i' in Phone"

Atrix(Retired) - ROOT, Unlocked Bootloader
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Asus Transformer Infinity

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCer View Post
    So what's the difference between the Help section and the Rescue Squad? Kinda like DrioDIY was saying, there's plenty of help wherever you post.
    The Rescue Squad is sort of like filling out an application for help. More official. Easier to answer, and to diagnose the issue. Instead of just asking, "My app don't work. Why?", the person can provide the information needed initially.

EDIT: Another point to note: Placing a request for assistance in the Rescue Squad section guarantees an answer. There will not be any threads "going down the drain", left unanswered. There will be a genuine attempt to solve the issue! (Because the Rescue Squad is cool like that) I know that is never an issue with this forum, but it makes it more official, especially for new users and those roaming, looking for answers to their issue.

That is what I think.

Kooliest loves Tapa-da-talk.
    Last edited by DroiDIY; 07-16-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCer View Post
    I'm not on here much, as I more or less oversee the RS across several sites. But i'll give you some background on why there is a Rescue Squad.
    It all started with the Droid. On DroidForums to be more precise. When root was first obtained we saw an explosion of people new to hacking their devices. I for one before this had never even considered hacking a phone. So like many I wanted to see what the hub bub was all about. In getting into modding mine I saw many others who were having trouble. Often times more than a few responses were to "just use the search" or "go read" things like that.
    The question was posed, what if there was a dedicated team to answer these questions and make the new guys feel welcome. The Mod team gave 4 of us a shot to try this out. (On subsequent research for a school project, this concept had not ever really been done before). We prided ourselves on getting good information out by making guides and doing quite a bit of handholding and walking people through issues.

We have become a fixture on many of the Android Network of sites as the owners have seen what a positive thing we are for the community. We are members helping members. The RS numbers around 40 now across 7 sites.

I hope this helps a little in why the RS is a little different than the regular help section.

end of line...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    AtrixForums.com is a friendly community dedicated to the new Motorola Atrix 4G.

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have Atrix questions or problems.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) cell phones, etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
    Omg Levi it happened to me! I just quoted your post!!! Bugssssss.

Anyways I was gunna say heck ya the rescue squad is cool like that

I guess I love Tapatalk...
    DroiDIY likes this.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    Omg Levi it happened to me! I just quoted your post!!! Bugssssss.

Anyways I was gunna say heck ya the rescue squad is cool like that

Haha! I think it's Tapa. Sorry to down your love, Sam... but I thinks it's been a little buggy lately.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Haha! I think it's Tapa. Sorry to down your love, Sam... but I thinks it's been a little buggy lately.
    I do not blame this on tapa..

- Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    I do not blame this on tapa..

Ignorance is Bliss, Sam...

EDIT: Don't mean to derail. Carry on, Mister Thread!
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DroiDIY View Post
    Ignorance is Bliss, Sam...
    *ignored*
    Alright I gotta find something to do. Or someone has to soft brick their phone

DroiDIY likes this.
    - Sam

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    *ignored*
    Alright I gotta find something to do. Or someone has to soft brick their phone

Hahaha, tryin to push some work huh, Sam?

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Hahaha, tryin to push some work huh, Sam?
    Yes! I missed lots of stuff this morning that s8nt took care of when I was getting my permit, now no ones on

- Sam

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads