Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need help unlocking bootloader

This is a discussion on Need help unlocking bootloader within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Have you flashed the 'pudding' file with RSD Lite?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Need help unlocking bootloader

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Have you flashed the 'pudding' file with RSD Lite?
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Could you please explain how that is to be done. I'm not very sure on the procedure "pudding".

It would be of great help of you could expalin it step-wise.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I'd be glad to help you when I have a free moment. But if you are clueless, I recommend you start by reading (not glancing, but studying) over my tutorial. It tells you what you need to do, in a inexperienced, detailed manner. Find it stickied in the hacks section:
    [TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs
    ramkumarak likes this.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    I'd be glad to help you when I have a free moment. But if you are clueless, I recommend you start by reading (not glancing, but studying) over my tutorial. It tells you what you need to do, in a inexperienced, detailed manner. Find it stickied in the hacks section:
    [TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs

Sam,

This manual was of real help. Was finally able to See 'Unlocked' in the boot screen. thanx to you. but....

then i again got stuck after flashing the CWM recovery, i went up to Android recovery. On selecting recovery all i get is a Triangle with an exclamation and an android logo nearby. i think something has gone wrong again.

pls help me...
    thekooliest likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    This isn't anything gone wrong, you are just seeing the stock Android Recovery. Try rooting your phone and using a root file manager like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer to mount the system drive as R/W and delete the file system/etc/install-recovery.sh. Then go back to fastboot and run the commands to install recovery (fastboot erase recovery, fastboot flash recovery recovery.img, fastboot reboot). This will allow for a clean install of CWM. Don't know why sometimes just the fastboot commands don't overwrite stock, but deleting the install-recovery.sh will help.

Glad you're unlocked successfully!
    UltraDroid likes this.
    - Sam

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sam,

Just as you said... i was able to install CM7 - beta, but was not able to log into goolge, and there was no market also

Decided will use another rom, downloaded GreyBlur v2.1 installed it.
    but now, all i get is the screen which shows the motorola logo and unlocked message.

Nothing else happens.. what do i do?

completely stuck.. pls help...
    do i need to flash a diferent recovery each time for a rom? do roms have different recoveries?

Which rom would you suggest is the best as of now ?
    Last edited by ramkumarak; 11-03-2011 at 10:39 PM. Reason: additional detail

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Not sure why GreyBlur isn't working..but I suggest re giving CM7 a try. Google made CM7 dev team remove all Google apps from the ROM for copyright reason and you now have to install an addon for Google when on CM7. After booting into CM7 for the first time, boot back into CWM recovery..and install the gapps.zip package the same way you install a ROM..then reboot and it will walk you through setting up your Google account and Google apps.

http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb...828-signed.zip

If you want to try a different ROM, I suggest booting into fastboot and attempting to use these commands to attempt fixing Greyblur:
    fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot
    ramkumarak likes this.
    - Sam

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    will give the cm7 a try....

Loved the look of grey blur in the screen shots..

if google apps and all can be restored, i think CM7 would be a better option.

One doubt, whenever i find a rom, attached in that thread would be a recovery. now . Does recoveries used vary from ROM to Rom. or the recovery i flashed before for flashing CM7 be enough for other roms ( This was the one i used for CM7 - Custom CWM-based Recovery 5.0.2.3-atrix4.1 )

will i have to change recovery if i plan to switch roms ? This part i have not been able to understand.

bcoz, i used the same procedure for CM7, in recovery - forst did a wipe/factory reset , then a cache wipe and then installed greyblur v2.1 from sd card , but on rebooting CM7 was coming up again.

That is y i am asking if recoveries and roms are interdependent, and wether every rom will have a supporting recovery,

If there is any commen recovery - which one. and which one do u use?

thanx man.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    ROM Racer's CWM is the preferred CWM for all ROMs. There are other CWMs that have less features (older ones) and are less recommended but still work. That file, v5.0.2.3, appears to be ROM Racer's so I am not sure why Greyblur didn't work. Every now and then installations go wrong through CWM.

You should never have to change CWM once its working though
    - Sam

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanx for replying.

Will flash Custom CWM-based Recovery 5.0.2.3-atrix4.1 one more time and give Greyblur a try.

Else will flah CM7 and the gapps.zip package and see how things go.

Fingers crossed.. hoping this works..

Thanx for the help sam..

You were really helpful... really value that..

Ads