Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hurr durr I'm an idiot that breaks things, please school me

This is a discussion on Hurr durr I'm an idiot that breaks things, please school me within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Okay, so my Atrix 4G has been stuck at the boot screen, and no amount of hard resets or battery pulls has been able to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Hurr durr I'm an idiot that breaks things, please school me

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Hurr durr I'm an idiot that breaks things, please school me

Okay, so my Atrix 4G has been stuck at the boot screen, and no amount of hard resets or battery pulls has been able to help me. The screen looks a little something like this:

Failed to boot 2
    Starting RSD mode
    Battery is too low to flash

Now, this happened after I rooted with this. Successful, I went to this page and, following that advice, installed Clockwork's ROM Manager. It was in the process of making a nandroid back-up that my phone was all like 'lol no' and got stuck like this:

Failed to boot 2
    Starting in RSD mode

It was only after several battery pulls and attempts to boot in fastboot that the battery decided it didn't want to hold a charge anymore and now I have that "Battery is too low to flash" message on that boot screen and it can only remain powered on while it's plugged into my wall charger, dying only seconds after I unplug it. Not even leaving it charging overnight fixed it, as it still only took a few seconds to die after pulling the plug. I even went to Radio Shack and had the guy behind the counter test it with a different charger, and still no dice. I'm about to go see if there are and Radio Shacks around that have an extra battery lying around so I can see if this is a battery issue or a phone issue. My current thought is that it needs to not be on that boot screen in order to charge, so maybe if I just went and got a fresh battery I can go into RSD Lite and flash a stock sbf and this whole bricking business will be over before dad gets home and finds out and gets pissed and I'll look back on this and retrospect and laugh at my past self for being such a huge retarded tool.

Are there any heroes out there who might be able to help me? I really don't want to have to break out the old LG Vu for the next few months.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Your battery will not charge in RSD mode. Have someone at RadioShack or AT&T charge the battery for you.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    By any chance do u have access to another battery and or charger?
    My Atrix is back on the Pill so i decided to take off the case.
    I think this is where i say something witty, clever, and cool.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I suggest the same of the above people.

Clockwork Mod does NOT work with root access only, you NEED an unlocked bootloader. This is the third time I've seen this recently, making soft bricks...its a bummer you had a low charge and need to find another battery or use a special charger.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    How confident/desperate are you??

[Howto] Fix "Battery Low - Cannot program" - xda-developers (Works for the Atrix too)

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    How confident/desperate are you??

[Howto] Fix "Battery Low - Cannot program" - xda-developers (Works for the Atrix too)
    That's kick butt, why haven't I seen that. I wanna jerry rig my charger
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    That's kick butt, why haven't I seen that. I wanna jerry rig my charger
    Lol! We just had a member look it up and have success with it after I mentioned it. I rarely post it as it's not for the faint of heart and can do serious damage if done improperly. But, I figured, why not...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Crazy that it works...wish it fixed my WiFi :P
    - Sam

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Wow, you guys are quick!

Anyway, I might just go and try that ghetto fix if I'm feeling foolhardy enough, seeing how my hands were steady enough to solder my laptop charging wire fixed a few months ago because I was too cheap just to buy a new one. Of course, I'll only try this if tomorrow no one at Radio Shack or the AT&T store wants to help me out. The lady at the Radio Shack who sold me this phone definitely seemed like the type who would do something awesome like this for me, so I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope she's in tomorrow. If not, I'll hit up the AT&T store, and if I can't find any cool bros behind the counter there, I'll break out the old ghetto fix kit.

I think I'll not mess with rooting again for a few weeks after I sort everything out here until I do waaay more research. This is apparently a bit more tricky than when I was jailbreaking iPhones left and right a while back.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Xab View Post
    Wow, you guys are quick!

Anyway, I might just go and try that ghetto fix if I'm feeling foolhardy enough, seeing how my hands were steady enough to solder my laptop charging wire fixed a few months ago because I was too cheap just to buy a new one. Of course, I'll only try this if tomorrow no one at Radio Shack or the AT&T store wants to help me out. The lady at the Radio Shack who sold me this phone definitely seemed like the type who would do something awesome like this for me, so I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope she's in tomorrow. If not, I'll hit up the AT&T store, and if I can't find any cool bros behind the counter there, I'll break out the old ghetto fix kit.

I think I'll not mess with rooting again for a few weeks after I sort everything out here until I do waaay more research. This is apparently a bit more tricky than when I was jailbreaking iPhones left and right a while back.
    We try.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

sent from my MotoXoom via Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads