Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix will not power up or charge?

This is a discussion on Atrix will not power up or charge? within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi, I have a new atrix (not refurb) that's only a month or two old, stock (no hacks, not rooted) running 2.3.4 as delivered from ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Atrix will not power up or charge?

Hi,

I have a new atrix (not refurb) that's only a month or two old, stock (no hacks, not rooted) running 2.3.4 as delivered from ATT.
    The screen got cracked and even tho it was tough to see at times it seemed to work fine for 2 weeks. Planned to do an insurance swap but my schedule put it off for what i think was a day too long.

At work the other day the phone just died, I think the battery died but not sure. When I got home I plugged into my laptop and the green light lit up but the phone wouldn't boot. Tried the supplied ac adapter and still nothing. When I plug into the ac adapter the green light blinks once and goes out. When i plug into the laptop usb the green light sometimes comes on solid and sometimes just blinks once.

I tried taking the battery out and holding the power button for 15 seconds and putting the battery back in still nothing. Tried a different battery, although it too may have been low, and it still would not charge or turn on. Tried plugging into the laptop without the battery and yep, nothing.

I only need to get some files, pictures and videos off the phone before I send it back for the insurance swap. Is there any chance I might be able to get to them?

Thanks in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Last time my phone was completely unresponsive, taking out the battery, sim, and sdcard fixed it. For some reason, just removing the battery alone did not help.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    Last time my phone was completely unresponsive, taking out the battery, sim, and sdcard fixed it. For some reason, just removing the battery alone did not help.
    Thanks seabass, I read the post about your situation and will try that - pretty sure I did remove everything once or twice but will try again.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    The only other options you have if see if you can have someone that has an Atrix and lend you a fully charged battery, hard wiring the phone (at your own risk), trying a different charger, and last resort call MOTO for warranty.

Edit/At your own risk.
    Last edited by RobKort; 09-27-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Remove Ads

Ads