Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Remove Cyanogenmod 7 from Atrix

This is a discussion on Remove Cyanogenmod 7 from Atrix within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi. I purchased an Atrix and it came with Cyanogenmod installed, along with other apps like rom manager. Can anyone PLEASE HELP me to uninstall ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Remove Cyanogenmod 7 from Atrix

Hi. I purchased an Atrix and it came with Cyanogenmod installed, along with other apps like rom manager. Can anyone PLEASE HELP me to uninstall all of this and get back to the way the phone comes out of the factory.
    Thank you.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    We need some info about the phone first. System Version,Android version,Kernel, etc.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    The problem here is that the bootloader was unlocked to install cyan7. That is an irreversible change that voided the warranty (sorry for the not so great news). Anyways you have two major options. You can either keep hacking the phone because it's already hacked and install the stock system thru Recovery which is meant for unlocked bootloaders. The only difference is that it is (I believe) rooted. This method I easier and safer with less room for error and more room for recovery. The other method is to flash true stock sbf to the ATRIX using RSD lite. This is slightly dangerous but the phone wont be rooted and it the bootloader will appear locked (it still is unlocked).

Lemme know what sounds better for you.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hi Moncho, and welcome to Atrix Forums! We're certainly happy that you chose to join us, and you are in the hands of our most knowledgeable Rescue Squad guys in thekooliest and RobKort. If there's a solution, they'll find it.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    You can still flash a Gingerbread SBF without problems... just do NOT try to flash anything previous to gingerbread. That is where your problems will become irreversible, i.e. Hardbrick. If you look in thekooliests tutorial on how to unlock, I believe there is a link there for the pudding sbf. use RSD lite to flash that and you should be golden. I think you'll have to redo the fastboot oem unlock commands, but thats a snap. Once you are finished with that, i would suggest getting the paid version of Titanium Backup Pro from the market. use that to make a backup of all your apps, and use RomRacers CWM (found on XDA) to make a NAND backup. From there, if you ever go back to CM7, and wish to go back to Gingerbread again.. All you have to do at that point is restore your CWM backup, Install TiBu Pro from the market and restore your app backup (do not restore or backup system data).
    Last edited by G-Man; 10-11-2011 at 12:20 AM.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Remove Ads

Ads