Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Screen Rotation problem

This is a discussion on Screen Rotation problem within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hello guys, I just rooted my atrix and to my horrid I found my screen messed up every time it rotates. The situation: Everything is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Screen Rotation problem

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Screen Rotation problem

Hello guys,

I just rooted my atrix and to my horrid I found my screen messed up every time it rotates.

The situation:

Everything is fine when I put it into landscape (getting wider), but the whole screen messed up when I switch it back to straight (portrait) again, the screen appears twisted with diagonal lines (I'll say it like some kind of messed up display card).

System Information:

45.0.25.ME860. Retail.en.05
    Baseband: N-01.100.00R
    Kernal: 2.6.32.9

As said I have rooted my phone but rather hesitated about unlocking the bootloader and flash rom as this is not safe for Chinese Atrix. Otherwise I'll try flashing it back to stock rom and probably save the day.

I have also tried the factory reset and wipe but it's not working. Can someone gimme a hand please?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Have you tried calibrating the compass?

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2002 times
    Welcome to Atrix Forums Lacolus! We are delighted you chose to join our forum.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with your phone, but you've come to the right place to look for help. RobKort is one of the best around at diagnosing the cure for whatever is ailing your Atrix. You're in good hands there, my friend. After you've got your problem resolved, stick around and join in the discussions. It's easy: just pull up a chair and kick back - you're with friends now!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    LoL, I have tried the compass as well, but it's not.

I found out it was the Chainfire 3D app, weird is that I have done a wipe before and this problem persist. So, I decided to re-install it again and uninstall the driver... then it soft bricked to the Moto logo

With nothing to lose I turned to flash my Atrix to 2.2 then it failed due to not enough juice (the process was 100% executed, it failed on the 'USB remueration' or something like that) .....

Anyway, I still managed to get back to fastboot and choose RSD mode, it just keep saying power too low to flash.

Am I totally screwed now or I can still try to flash again if I can somehow power up my battery?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Try plugging it to the wall charger without the battery installed. Once the LED comes on insert the battery back and see if it charges.

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    If that fails, charge the battery in another phone

Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    Try plugging it to the wall charger without the battery installed. Once the LED comes on insert the battery back and see if it charges.

Err... how can I know if it is charging? More importantly will I be still able to flash it back to 2.2?

Thanks!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    482 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacolus View Post
    Err... how can I know if it is charging? More importantly will I be still able to flash it back to 2.2?

Thanks!
    if you were on gingerbread, flashing a 2.2 froyo sbf WILL HARD BRICK your Atrix, and there is currently no way to recover a hard brick.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Ill have to find the correct sbf for flashing to chinese ATRIX. The warning for not installing custom ROMs to chinese ATRIX refers to unlocking thr bootloader. Using Motorola's rsd lite tool will work as long as there is a correct sbf file (I think there is)..ramble ramble.

Anyways charging your phone is the first problem as android wont charge in the 'bootloader state'. You can charge the battery in a working ATRIX. Borrow aworking charged battery from ATRIX or DROID x2 (same battery). Go to an AT&T store (or Verizon for DROID x2) to charge in their display.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Weeee!

Thank you guys. After charging up my battery from a 7-11 nearby, I managed to flash it back to 2.2 (stock), 2.3.4 and then root.

Here are my findings:
    - 2.3.4 can be flashed back to 2.2 (I use the same line of stock rom though)
    - don't ever, never play with the Chain 3D app, it cause problem with your screen rotation, even worse when u uninstall it.

Hope it can help someone as well. Once again, thank you.
    thekooliest likes this.

Ads