Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Filed to boot issues with .141 update.

This is a discussion on Filed to boot issues with .141 update. within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hey guys one thing I just wanted to point out with the failed to boot issues that people are experiencing that I have found Failed ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By preludeba4
  • 1 Post By preludeba4

Thread: Filed to boot issues with .141 update.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Filed to boot issues with .141 update.

Hey guys one thing I just wanted to point out with the failed to boot issues that people are experiencing that I have found

Failed to boot 1: happens from missing pudding file when downgrading from a failed .141 install
    Failed to boot 2: caused when still having root access (doesn't affect all rooted phones though)
    Failed to boot 4: failed update due to unlocked boot loader (yes this is causing a big problem.
    This is what I have found has been a good way to get the update to fully install correctly
    ----------------------------------------My phone was rooted and I did not do any crazy mods to it, but I was having trouble with the installation process of it. Did you download the update okay? Is your phone rooted, bootlocker unlocked? In order to get my phone back to STOCK, I used this tool here: http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto...ateSelect.asp? country=USA&language=ENS Please use at your own risk. I was lucky and it worked like a charm on mine. I just let it run. It did, however, unroot my phone. No big deal, though. When my phone reboot, it just proceeded to attempt to download the update again, then installation went fine.

Reason why is that it removes the pudding file which causes an issue with update and removes all root access.

ATTEMP AT YOUR OWN RISK though I have seen this work on many occasions. Phones are computers so may have issues.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    das8nt likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    This is good information! Rescue squad is currently in the testing of many different upgrade and downgrade methods. hopefully we can add some solid info to this also

- Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    That would be awesome I just wanted to add what I know (or at least have seen) to help I hope this can be of use

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I have a theory about failed to boot 2. I know that when you are rooted (not unlocked) and attempt to flash CWM (especially from ROM Manager) the phone will get failed to boot 2, but a battery pull recovers. There have been two cases of rooted (one had been unrooted) phones where they attempted to install CWM. Then months later tried the update and got failed to boot 2. Flashing 4.5.91 (including stock recovery) and then updating worked fine for both of them. This could explain why so many rooted people were fine but handfuls had issues.

And you were of great help. RS just had a 30 minute group chat discussing these errors.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    That does make sense. And your welcome. Glad I was able to help

thekooliest likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    to preludeba4: when you ran the motorola 4.5.91 update via usb, using the utility from their www, did it wipe your data such as contacts, email, etc? or did it just refresh the software? thx.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I haven't done it. But im 95% sure it won't wipe youm

- Sam

Remove Ads

Ads