Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wifi issues after recent update

This is a discussion on Wifi issues after recent update within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Originally Posted by carl_h It's not a software update issue or everyone that updated would be having the issue. It's possible that a custom rom ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wifi issues after recent update

bhf
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    It's not a software update issue or everyone that updated would be having the issue. It's possible that a custom rom or older version may work better for you, but that's only a guess at this point.

Again, can you connect to a public WiFi hotspot?
    No. The wifi it self shuts up and down every 2 seconds.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    If the following doesn't work, you have a serious hardware issue that will probably require replacement by Motorola: (I know you already did a reset, but try the first method....you are stock, right?)

Remove and remount the battery and power up
    If the phone still does not boot up to the MOTOBLUR screen, then perform the following Factory Reset instructions:
    1. Power off the phone, press and hold the Volume down button and Power button simultaneously while powering up the unit.
    2. Screen will come up with "Fastboot" at the top of the screen, press Volume down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Volume up key to boot in this mode
    3. Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4
    4. Press both Volume up and Volume down key simultaneously. A Recovery Menu will come up
    5. Tap on Volume down key until "wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted, and tap Power button. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap on Volume down key until coming to Yes and tap Power button
    6. After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap Power button
    7. Phone will reboot to initial setup MOTOBLUR screen.

To Perform a Factory Data Reset through settings menu:
    1. From the Home screen, press Menu
    2. Touch Settings
    3. Touch Privacy
    4. Touch Factory data reset (Read notes for other options)
    5. Touch Reset Phone
    6. Touch Erase Everything

Note: Contact your service provider if you need to reset/clear phone remotely.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wifi Issue

I also have wifi issues after updating to firmware 4.5.141. It seems like any time my phone is locked for more than a few minutes it disconnects the wifi. Then when I unlock the phone it takes a decent amount of time to reconnect, but if I go into wifi settings as soon as I get into wifi settings it will reconnect. (It reconnects before I select the network in most cases, just by going into the wifi settings menu). With firmware 4.5.91 this never happened and the wifi always stayed connected. Also, it seems my wifi also disconnects at random times now and I either have to go into wifi setting or wait a minute or so and hope it re-finds the saved network and reconnects.

My phone was purchased new in June and did not have wifi issues in the past.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Butters619 -- go to your settings, click to Wifi, then select the menu option button at the bottom to get to the advanced WiFi features and set your sleep to never.

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    These are not the first reports I've read about this Wi-Fi (and Bluetooth) problem, after the last update. In fact, the used Atrix I had bought my wife, had the same problem after the update. W-Fi worked when the phone arrived, but would no longer connect after updating.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Yes, apparently the update has some issues, as we're see a LOT of complaints. I'm SO glad that I went rogue with custom roms while I was still on Froyo. However, my current rom is based on the 2.3.6 AT&T release and I have no WiFi issues. I recall Dorian talking about some phones having different hardware installed than others, but I don't recall any details. Perhaps a different radio chip depending on where it was built or when it was built? WiFi has been an issue for a lot of people ever since Froyo, though. Wish I had a better answer for it, but ....

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm right there with everyone on the wifi issue. Mine is expeariencing the exact same systems. Works fine when wifi is off. Turn wifi on and after a minute or two the phone reboots. If I'm lucky the phone comes back up in a wifi "off" state and I can still use the phone. Otherwise I am hosed. Hopefully there is a patch soon. Would rooting my phone help me out on this at all? I'm past the of being under warranty anyway.

bhf
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just coming to update. I unlocked the Atrix and flashed with CM7 and the whole world is back to normal. So the probem is the 2.3.6 update.

Member #
    Twitter
    jspinnow
    Liked
    1 times
    I had this issue with belkin.wifi.. switched it to 2 day lease time in my friends network. Routers for some kind forever or never expiring lease cause the phone to connect and disconnect several times a minute..... home network used 6 hr lease time and no problems..my...wireless is bridged on its own subnet and leases managed by iscdhcpd

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Twitter
    jspinnow
    Liked
    1 times
    Conclusion 2.3.6 treats never expiring leases like kind 0 length lease

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads