Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wifi issues after recent update

This is a discussion on Wifi issues after recent update within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hello everyone, new to the forum and consider myself a modest user with slightly above average knowledge but far from being proficient out super user. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wifi issues after recent update

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Wifi issues after recent update

Hello everyone, new to the forum and consider myself a modest user with slightly above average knowledge but far from being proficient out super user. My problem is this: before the recent update that was supposed to make wifi connection better, my wifi had always worked pretty well. Occasionally I would drop from my own wireless router in my home but not much. I would get 2-3 days on 1 charge of the battery without watching videos our playing a lot of games, just calling and texting and some surfing. After the update, I lose wifi all the time! It seems to happen so much that it is killing my battery. I now get 1 day at best without watching any videos and just surfing, texting, calling. When I sleep the phone, it looks like the wifi disconnects itself and upon awake it takes several seconds to connect then disconnect then connect. Also, media share and mobile hot spot now run in back ground all the time. Tried asking moto for help but they basically told me to take phone ya to store and get new battery. Makes no since that my phone was good before the update and after update, the problem they were to fix is happening to me! Any ideas? Really frustrating!

bhf
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the exact issue and AT&T just told me drop dead.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Welcome bhf and Tking, we are deloghted to have you two as members of Atrix Forums.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Have you tried using another browser just to rule that out?
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

bhf
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    Have you tried using another browser just to rule that out?
    In my situation, the wifi will disconnect and reconnect every 1 or 2 seconds, there is no "browser" can help. And eventually the wifi will say "error", then in 2 minutes or so the phone will just reboot.

Thank you Motorola for creating such a WONDERFUL phone.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Sounds like you have a problem with the WiFi hardware... Something defected. I'd suggest trying to get a replacement, if you have that option.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    bhf ... while you are having some issues, this is not a problem that is universally seen. There are many factors that could be at fault. Are you able to connect to a WiFi at the AT&T store, McDonald's, Starbucks, or other public WiFi hotspot? Do you have any wireless security established on your home router? What type security? Have you cleared your cache and defaults and reset the wireless password and settings? What have you done to attempt to fix the issue?

By the way, this is neither a Motorola nor a carrier hosted website. It is run and supported by members such as yourself. We will try to help you, but we don't have anything to do with any of the companies.
    G-Man likes this.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

bhf
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    bhf ... while you are having some issues, this is not a problem that is universally seen. There are many factors that could be at fault. Are you able to connect to a WiFi at the AT&T store, McDonald's, Starbucks, or other public WiFi hotspot? Do you have any wireless security established on your home router? What type security? Have you cleared your cache and defaults and reset the wireless password and settings? What have you done to attempt to fix the issue?

By the way, this is neither a Motorola nor a carrier hosted website. It is run and supported by members such as yourself. We will try to help you, but we don't have anything to do with any of the companies.
    Thank you, I think I was just needing a place to vent... Sorry about some attitudes.

I have even done factory reset and that did not help. The connect/disconnect is happening during initial setup, and will reboot if I keep trying to manage wifi settings... My only hope is that it is a software update issue, and maybe flashing back to an older version, or a third-party ROM can help me get around this?

bhf
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Sounds like you have a problem with the WiFi hardware... Something defected. I'd suggest trying to get a replacement, if you have that option.
    The phone is a refurbish and has been in use for almost a month, so I guess that is no longer an option...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    It's not a software update issue or everyone that updated would be having the issue. It's possible that a custom rom or older version may work better for you, but that's only a guess at this point.

Again, can you connect to a public WiFi hotspot?
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads