Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Half Rooted Atrix 4.5.141 with unlocked bootloader can't install ROMs or unroot!

This is a discussion on Half Rooted Atrix 4.5.141 with unlocked bootloader can't install ROMs or unroot! within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi Rescue Squad, I have the AT&T Atrix 4G running on the stock 4.5.141 update model. I Rooted the phone and unlocked the bootloader but ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RobKort
  • 1 Post By bmwael4

Thread: Half Rooted Atrix 4.5.141 with unlocked bootloader can't install ROMs or unroot!

Member #
    Twitter
    WaelbroeckBM911
    Liked
    1 times

Exclamation Half Rooted Atrix 4.5.141 with unlocked bootloader can't install ROMs or unroot!

Hi Rescue Squad,

I have the AT&T Atrix 4G running on the stock 4.5.141 update model. I Rooted the phone and unlocked the bootloader but then tried to flash cm9 with the stock Android Recovery mode. It wouldn't install so I did the factory reset through the menu there. Now I have an Atrix that cannot confirm root or uninstall Superuser and Superuser, Titanium, Root Checker Basic, and Clockwork Mod Recovery cannot gain root access or they freeze and FC. I attempted to reroot the phone with no results. It is now half rooted and I do not know how or if I can fix the issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Flash back to stock 4.5.141 using RSD lite. Once that is done go through the root process and then flash the pudding, install ROM Manager and flash either CWM or ROM racer. Once you done this pick the ROM you want and enjoy. Before flashing the ROM, make sure to do a back up.

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/motorola-atrix-help/5049-how-use-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-motorola-atrix.html#post55623

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=47155

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41669

-end of line-
    Last edited by RobKort; 03-24-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Condor97 likes this.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Twitter
    WaelbroeckBM911
    Liked
    1 times
    I attempted to use RSDlite and as the decompress ended I received the message:

Error!!!! Failed to create.
    Please check the if the file path is too long to create or if there is enough free disk space.

I have nearly 200GB free space on my C:/ drive and I shortened the file name to atrix234att.sbf so what would be the problem here?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    It has to be installed on /C: and made administrator

-end of line-
    Last edited by RobKort; 03-24-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Twitter
    WaelbroeckBM911
    Liked
    1 times
    I attempted to make the file an Admin and it told me access denied to the C:/ drive. How would I fix that?

Correction: I accomplished the flash. I will now try to reroot ang gain my Superuser access back.

Correction II: Root was granted! Thank you for the help! I never would have been able to fix this without the help! Now with ICS coming out within a few weeks should I just wait for the OTA or proceed with unlocking the phone? How would I hide my root access when the update rolls out?
    Last edited by bmwael4; 03-25-2012 at 02:13 AM.
    Condor97 likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    To be able to get the OTA you will need to revert back to stock. If you download the OTA with a rooted phone you may brick it if anything was modified. So DO NOT get the OTA on a rooted phone.

-end of line-
    Last edited by RobKort; 03-25-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Member #
    Twitter
    WaelbroeckBM911
    Liked
    1 times
    Update I: I tried out CM9's newest release. I loved how smooth everything was but the one think I didn't like was that there is no camera access with that ROM. I also downloaded CM7 with gapps and the fingerprint scanner fixer and this seems a bit more stable.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I downloaded the CM9 ROM but didn't install it. I wanted to play around with CM7 and RedPill first. I didn't like CM7 at all. So I quickly flashed RedPill and I like it alot. So for me it's a tossup between Redpill and Nottachtrix. Glad you got your issue worked out.

Remove Ads

Ads