Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

help! Not receiving text messages consistently

This is a discussion on help! Not receiving text messages consistently within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I'm on Ba2tF. I am using Go Sms Pro for my texting app. Stock app is not frozen, but everytime I open it the app ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

help! Not receiving text messages consistently

I'm on Ba2tF. I am using Go Sms Pro for my texting app. Stock app is not frozen, but everytime I open it the app freezes up/crashes and I have to restart or I can't view any texts. This probably occurs because I restored old text messages but whatever. Any help on this matter would be appreciated too. Main issue: I have one friend who uses T-Mobile, and at night when we're texting, often times I don't get their texts. At all. So I ask if they've replied and they have to resend, etc etc. Now, granted, the service isn't the best in my room (1 to 2 bars), but is this a software problem or a carrier problem? Because I can receive messages just fine from everyone else. This error also usually occurs when my friend sends me a text that is more than 160 characters.

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darnocs View Post
    I'm on Ba2tF. I am using Go Sms Pro for my texting app. Stock app is not frozen, but everytime I open it the app freezes up/crashes and I have to restart or I can't view any texts. This probably occurs because I restored old text messages but whatever. Any help on this matter would be appreciated too. Main issue: I have one friend who uses T-Mobile, and at night when we're texting, often times I don't get their texts. At all. So I ask if they've replied and they have to resend, etc etc. Now, granted, the service isn't the best in my room (1 to 2 bars), but is this a software problem or a carrier problem? Because I can receive messages just fine from everyone else. This error also usually occurs when my friend sends me a text that is more than 160 characters.
    I think that narrows it down quite a bit. It's T-Mobile, or your friends phone. Do you know anyone else on T-Mobile?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmm…well, my friend's sister has T-Mobile also, and we don't text that often so I'm not entirely sure, but as far as I know, all of her texts come through, even when they're over 160 characters. Perhaps it's my friend's specific phone?

Ads