Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

can't mount /emmc/ error code

This is a discussion on can't mount /emmc/ error code within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I have a stock rooted atrix4g. I've unlocked the bootloader, installed RomRacer, & was trying to install nottatrix rom. It seems to be frozen @ ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: can't mount /emmc/ error code

Member #
    Liked
    28 times

can't mount /emmc/ error code

I have a stock rooted atrix4g. I've unlocked the bootloader, installed RomRacer, & was trying to install nottatrix rom. It seems to be frozen @ the motorola "unlocked" boot screen. I've tried booting from SD under recovery & I get the message "can't mount /emmc/". I can still enter run commands from PC, but I'm at a loss @ this point as to what to do next. Can anyone help me? I've been without a phone for about 3 or 4 days now. Thanks Much!!! Happy Easter!

Mod edit 4/15/12: (transfer from other post)

Quote Originally Posted by Lungbender View Post
    The issues I was/am having in my can't mount /emmc/ thread are apparently (at least partly, so far) due to the fact that I did not have an external SD card. Where was that asterik??? This may save you from having to read through (I think it's up to around 7 now) pages of material about any related emmc issues that you (with SD) users may be experiencing. Thanks
    Last edited by das8nt; 04-15-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    ""From my cold, dead hands!"

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Unplug your USB cable ???
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    yes, I've unplugged it & tried it plugged in. Same result. The phone worked fine until I tried to change roms. I even have the rom zip files in the phone's internal memory waiting. It doesn't seem to recognize internal or external SD. Thank you for replies. I know it's Easter today

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    You're trying to BOOT from the SD Card? Or install zip from SD?

You shouldn't be booting from the SD unless you're trying to dual boot different ROMs.

Did you do a full wipe of your phone (system, boot, preinstall) via fastboot before trying to install?

Sent from my Unlocked/Rooted/Stock Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I was trying to install a zip from the SD. I believe I did do a wipe & now can't access SD for install. I have been very methodic & did a lot of research before attempting this & haven't had a problem 1 until attempting the rom install. I even used threads from this site for install info. I even went so far as to get a new sim just to make sure that it hadn't been corrupted, as I have backed everything up. I don't understand why it won't at least do a factory boot if I haven't gotten a new rom installed, as I haven't gotten that far yet. Thank you

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    With it not being able to access the SD Card from recovery that makes things a bit more tricky.

You can try wiping again through fastboot just to make sure. (fastboot -w)

We really need to get the SD Card loading again, though. (this next part assumes you're on AT&T) You might try starting over and flashing back to stock with the 2.3.6 SBF (4.5.141 for AT&T) to see if you have sd card access. If you do then you can reflash pudding and a new recovery and proceed on.

Sent from my Unlocked/Rooted/Stock Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    OK. I am with AT&T. I will see what I can manage with your advice & get back to you sometime tomorrow.I really appreciate all the advice, as I know the phone carriers hate all of the freedom that we try to obtain for ourselves. I am in California, so I'm gonna call it a night. Thank you again & have a good evening.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    4.5.141 is the flash to root the stock phone with Superuser? I just want to make sure I'm installing the right thing.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lungbender View Post
    4.5.141 is the flash to root the stock phone with Superuser? I just want to make sure I'm installing the right thing.
    4.5.141 is a stock SBF file which contains the OS/system files. This will overwrite your system giving you a "clean slate" to work with. If you're having issues with the storages (internal and external SD) mounting, then this is what will hopefully repair that, though I'm not sure what is causing the mounting issues. This stock file will not root you or install Superuser.

After you flash that file, hopefully your phone will boot normally and your storages will mount correctly. If so, then you would proceed to flash the pudding file (unlocker) again, root your phone (if you want to use Rom Manager for your recovery), and then flash a new recovery.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Where is the best place to find a clean version of the SBF? I definately do not want to get any messed up versions at this point. Then I will install & update you as to my progress. I am looking for "firmware", correct? Thank you again very much for your time.
    Last edited by Lungbender; 04-09-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads